Auditions to be held this Thursday in Royston for Red Riding Hood panto
- Credit: Archant
Following hot on the heels of their Royston Arts Festival production of Abigail’s Party, members of the Royston CADS are back preparing for their next show in January 2017, a pantomime of Red Riding Hood – and auditions for the main roles are being held this Thursday.
The show, by Peter Long and Keith Rawnsley, sees Red Riding Hood longing to be with Peter the Woodcutter but horrid Squire Bullymore won’t let her leave the orphanage.
Cue Granny Knott who comes along and adopts Red Riding Hood, which means a happy ending for them all... Oh no, it doesn’t! Well, not without a few twists and turns along the way and, of course, the big bad wolf.
The director is Kathy Young and musical director is Louise Atkins.
Auditions are open to cast 11 main roles:
You may also want to watch:
Red Riding Hood – principal girl
Peter the Woodcutter – principal boy
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 7 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Missing teen found safe and well
- 10 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
Granny Knott –dame
Patches and Pinny – comic characters
Squire Bullymore – villain
Miss Took – orphanage games mistress
Reddy and Willin – comic characters
Wicked Wolf – evil villain
Plus a few small cameo parts with a couple of lines each.
Auditions will take place this Thursday in the drama studio at Meridian School in Garden Walk on Thursday. Auditions for junior chorus – aged 12 and over – are from 7pm to 7.30pm and auditions for adult main parts – aged 16 and over – are from 7.45pm to 9pm.