Auditions to be held this Thursday in Royston for Red Riding Hood panto
- Credit: Archant
Following hot on the heels of their Royston Arts Festival production of Abigail’s Party, members of the Royston CADS are back preparing for their next show in January 2017, a pantomime of Red Riding Hood – and auditions for the main roles are being held this Thursday.
The show, by Peter Long and Keith Rawnsley, sees Red Riding Hood longing to be with Peter the Woodcutter but horrid Squire Bullymore won’t let her leave the orphanage.
Cue Granny Knott who comes along and adopts Red Riding Hood, which means a happy ending for them all... Oh no, it doesn’t! Well, not without a few twists and turns along the way and, of course, the big bad wolf.
The director is Kathy Young and musical director is Louise Atkins.
Auditions are open to cast 11 main roles:
You may also want to watch:
Red Riding Hood – principal girl
Peter the Woodcutter – principal boy
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 7 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
Granny Knott –dame
Patches and Pinny – comic characters
Squire Bullymore – villain
Miss Took – orphanage games mistress
Reddy and Willin – comic characters
Wicked Wolf – evil villain
Plus a few small cameo parts with a couple of lines each.
Auditions will take place this Thursday in the drama studio at Meridian School in Garden Walk on Thursday. Auditions for junior chorus – aged 12 and over – are from 7pm to 7.30pm and auditions for adult main parts – aged 16 and over – are from 7.45pm to 9pm.