Auditions to be held next Thursday for Royston Panto
- Credit: Archant
After a smash-hit Cinderella last year, and a successful run of performances at Royston Arts Festival, amateur dramatics company CADS will be holding auditions for their next panto next Thursday.
This year the team will be staging a production of Aladdin – so if you think you’re interested in taking the magic carpet ride to panto success, then it’s time to find out how to get involved.
This year’s director Ian Sims said: “CADS is a mix of people from all walks of life, who share a common interest.
“While we pride ourselves on putting on high quality shows, we never forget that amateur theatre is a hobby and that it should be fun – you’ll find us a very sociable bunch.
“CADS have always pulled out all the stops when it comes to the pantomime season, and each year we try to better the last.
You may also want to watch:
“This year I’m very excited to take the reins and direct this amazing and talented group of people, co-directing is Alison Bass, and Louise Atkins is musical directing – we hope we will cheer up those January blues.
“Aladdin promises to be full of slapstick comedy, magic tricks and great songs. Come along and see what we’re about.”
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
For 11 to 15-year-olds, rehearsals will take place at Meridian School Drama Studio in Garden Walk between 6.30pm and 7pm.
For 16 and overs, including auditions for the adult chorus and principals, auditions will take place between 7.15pm and 9pm.
Anyone new to the group is asked to bring a photograph of themselves for identification purposes.
Anyone interested in helping in anyway backstage or just generally getting involved, is asked to contact the CADS secretary on email@example.com.
For more information, take a look at the CADS Facebook page or website at www.cadsroyston.org.uk.
Fresh from the success of an evening of Black Comedy and Light Entertainment at Royston Arts Festival, the drama group have put on a number of show-stopping performances over the years.
n 2013 and 2014 the team presented a one-act comedy Turn to Face the Change by local author Peter Hawes. They have also performed at the Cambridge Drama Festival and the Welwyn Drama Festival.