At the top table
ONE of Hertfordshire s top restaurants has added another award to its growing success and will now have the chance to be crowned caterer of the year. The Cabinet in Reed is celebrating after being named the North Anglia Caterer of the Year in the Greene
ONE of Hertfordshire's top restaurants has added another award to its growing success and will now have the chance to be crowned caterer of the year.
The Cabinet in Reed is celebrating after being named the North Anglia Caterer of the Year in the Greene King Free Trade Excellence Awards 2006.
The award recognises success and business excellence, and is specifically aimed at pubs that run successful, profitable food operations.
The owner of The Cabinet Simon Smith said: "We want to supply our customers with high levels of service, and winning this award definitely shows that.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a great achievement, and the fruits of our efforts are clearly being shown. It's nice to win awards, but as a business we do not crave them.
"All we want to do is produce a first-class experience for our clients.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
"I think our creativity stands out and is highlighted in our food and wine list."
Graham Green of Greene King Brewing North Anglia region, said: "The Cabinet has really made the most of the winning combination between a good drinks business and a successful profitable food operation.
"We now wish them all the best for the national final."
In the national final The Cabinet will have the chance to win the Caterer of the Year award.
It has already been awarded entries into the 2006 Egon Ronay and Michelin best restaurant guides.
Mr Smith said: "If we win, that will obviously be very nice.
"But if we don't, it's not going to worry us.
"We will continue to do what we have been doing, and that's offering the best possible service.