At the top table
ONE of Hertfordshire s top restaurants has added another award to its growing success and will now have the chance to be crowned caterer of the year. The Cabinet in Reed is celebrating after being named the North Anglia Caterer of the Year in the Greene
ONE of Hertfordshire's top restaurants has added another award to its growing success and will now have the chance to be crowned caterer of the year.
The Cabinet in Reed is celebrating after being named the North Anglia Caterer of the Year in the Greene King Free Trade Excellence Awards 2006.
The award recognises success and business excellence, and is specifically aimed at pubs that run successful, profitable food operations.
The owner of The Cabinet Simon Smith said: "We want to supply our customers with high levels of service, and winning this award definitely shows that.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a great achievement, and the fruits of our efforts are clearly being shown. It's nice to win awards, but as a business we do not crave them.
"All we want to do is produce a first-class experience for our clients.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
"I think our creativity stands out and is highlighted in our food and wine list."
Graham Green of Greene King Brewing North Anglia region, said: "The Cabinet has really made the most of the winning combination between a good drinks business and a successful profitable food operation.
"We now wish them all the best for the national final."
In the national final The Cabinet will have the chance to win the Caterer of the Year award.
It has already been awarded entries into the 2006 Egon Ronay and Michelin best restaurant guides.
Mr Smith said: "If we win, that will obviously be very nice.
"But if we don't, it's not going to worry us.
"We will continue to do what we have been doing, and that's offering the best possible service.