At the car wash
STUDENTS at Melbourn Village College organised a charity car wash to help raise money for the Friends of Chernobyl Children Cambridge. Year 10 students raised £559 for the charity – and staff had to pay £5 for their cars to be cleaned. The students were
STUDENTS at Melbourn Village College organised a charity car wash to help raise money for the Friends of Chernobyl Children Cambridge.
Year 10 students raised £559 for the charity - and staff had to pay £5 for their cars to be cleaned.
The students were joined by teaching assistant Nicola Dunklin, who set up the Cambridge branch of the charity.
She said: "I was most impressed with the students' teamwork. They took it all on themselves. They planned and promoted the whole thing and they all worked extremely hard."
You may also want to watch:
The school is just one of a number of organisations in the community which are helping Nicola raise funds to house two children from Chernobyl for two weeks in September.
"The students at Melbourn are aiming to help fund two children to come over. They have already said that they will be putting together some more fund-rasing events in the future," said Nicola.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
The Friends of Chernobyl Children Cambridge has now raised £3,600 of its £6,800 target.
Nicola said: "I have been overwhelmed by people's generosity, time and enthusiasm. And the students from Melbourn College should be proud of themselves."
n If you would like to help bring a child from Chernobyl over visit www.focc.org