Ashwell stars put on a real good show
WEATHER conditions may not have been perfect for the Ashwell Show on Monday but the stars of the show thought differently. Show chairman Peter Long, said: It was very good. Even though the weather reduced the number of visitors, it was perfect for the h
WEATHER conditions may not have been perfect for the Ashwell Show on Monday but the stars of the show thought differently.
Show chairman Peter Long, said: "It was very good. Even though the weather reduced the number of visitors, it was perfect for the horses.
"As a result the show jumping didn't finish until 7.30pm, which was a first."
There was also a dog show, trade stalls, a falconry display, morris dancers and vintage cars to keep the crowds entertained.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Long said the highlights were the tug-of-war competition which had not taken place since before the war and special guest Aiden Kennedy, a top horse trainer from Ireland.
The event raised funds for local charities including, Ashwell Primary School, the playgroup, the village hall and the sports club.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?