Ashwell ready for country show
THE Ashwell Country show is back and is set to be bigger and better than ever before.
It is now in its 90th year, will be held on Bank Holiday Monday, August 27, and is set to offer a fun-filled day out for all the family.
Children under 16 will get free entry reducing the cost of entry for a family of four from �24 to �20.
The main attractions are Dingle Fingle stunt clown, The Guinness World Record holders 3sixty bike display team, Freddie’s farm sheepdog trials, Royston’s Electralite Majorettes and Ashwell tree surgeon, Matty Fathers will be showcasing his chainsaw carving skills; plus there will be a dog show thanks to Chasing Tails.
The free kids zone messy plant tent is to be expanded this year with balloon models for everyone, face painting all day, tractor ride-ons, and a visit from Dinky Dancers.
You may also want to watch:
As always, the food court, sideshows, trade stands and craft demonstrations marquee, will offer plenty of opportunity for window shoppers looking for some unusual items.
There will be free parking for 2,000 cars. In addition, all children and adult entertainment is free which includes the craft demonstration and kids messy play tent, face painting and climbing wall.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 3 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 4 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?
Tony Dean, show chairman said: “Although the Ashwell Show is already widely acknowledged as the best value for money community event in North Hertfordshire, we are determined to extend our growing reputation in 2012 by offering even more free attractions.”
The showground address is Elbrook Meadow, Mill Street Ashwell Herts SG7 5NE. Admission gates open at 7.30am with the main show starting at 8.30am and continuing to 5pm. Visitors are advised to arrive early to avoid traffic delays at peak times.
Ticket prices are �10 for adults, children under 16 go free and concessions is �5, For more information on the show visit www.ashwellshow.co.uk