Ashwell book weekend
IT was another successful Ashwell Book Weekend as book-lovers helped raise funds for St Mary s Church Restoration Appeal. Hundreds of visitors descended on the Parish Church Rooms in Swan Street, and fought through the several thousand books that were on
IT was another successful Ashwell Book Weekend as book-lovers helped raise funds for St Mary's Church Restoration Appeal.
Hundreds of visitors descended on the Parish Church Rooms in Swan Street, and fought through the several thousand books that were on sale.
One of the organisers, Carolyn Lush said: "It was another successful weekend, that yet again attracted loads of visitors. It was quite hectic but everyone enjoyed themselves.
"We raised a lot of money, money that is still being counted, for a very good cause. Events like this are very important for the churches restoration appeal and as long as there is work to be done we will continue to raise the funds."
You may also want to watch:
So far the Book Weekend has raised £2,200 and since the event first took place in 1999 it has helped raise more than £11,500.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services