Ashwell at Home 'a real community event'
A LARGE number of gardens are to be open at this year s Ashwell at Home day. And there will also be displays from the Letchworth Morris Men, the Veteran Cycle Club, and the Veteran Car Club. Organisers say: As always it promises to be a real community ev
A LARGE number of gardens are to be open at this year's Ashwell at Home day.
And there will also be displays from the Letchworth Morris Men, the Veteran Cycle Club, and the Veteran Car Club.
Organisers say: "As always it promises to be a real community event."
Other events will include a display of horses and carriages, milking at the Bluegates Dairy, a working sheepdog display, and bee-keeping.
You may also want to watch:
The tower at St Mary the Virgin Church - one of the highest towers in Herts - will be open to the public.
The event has been running since 1983, and the proceeds from the activities will be donated to the Ashwell Village Museum, the church, and Ashwell School.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
Events on Sunday, May 11 will run from noon-6pm.
Programmes will cost £5 (adults) and free for children under 14 years of age.