Ashwell at Home 'a real community event'
A LARGE number of gardens are to be open at this year s Ashwell at Home day. And there will also be displays from the Letchworth Morris Men, the Veteran Cycle Club, and the Veteran Car Club. Organisers say: As always it promises to be a real community ev
A LARGE number of gardens are to be open at this year's Ashwell at Home day.
And there will also be displays from the Letchworth Morris Men, the Veteran Cycle Club, and the Veteran Car Club.
Organisers say: "As always it promises to be a real community event."
Other events will include a display of horses and carriages, milking at the Bluegates Dairy, a working sheepdog display, and bee-keeping.
You may also want to watch:
The tower at St Mary the Virgin Church - one of the highest towers in Herts - will be open to the public.
The event has been running since 1983, and the proceeds from the activities will be donated to the Ashwell Village Museum, the church, and Ashwell School.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
Events on Sunday, May 11 will run from noon-6pm.
Programmes will cost £5 (adults) and free for children under 14 years of age.