Arty activities on offer from Royston Museum team
- Credit: Archant
A nationwide programme of arty activities includes a number of opportunities to get involved in Royston.
The Voluntary Arts Week programme kicks off Friday and runs through until Sunday, May 15.
The idea is to celebrate all forms of creativity and promote local arts and culture groups.
You can check out the full programme of local activities on the Creative Royston website at www.creativeroyston.org.
At Royston & District Museum and Art Gallery in Lower Kings Street you can see a free demonstration by the Priory Quilters and examine their beautiful work next Wednesday, May 11, from 1pm to 3pm.
If you’ve ever been interested in knitting but don’t know where to start, there’s an adult Knit and Natter group for beginners and more experienced wool wranglers on Thursday, May 12, from 10.30am to 12 noon.
You may also want to watch:
And for the youngsters, there’s a free Knit and Giggle session on from 2pm until 3.30pm on Saturday, May 14.
Find out more about the museum by calling 01763 242587 or visiting www.roystonmuseum.org.uk.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity