Arty activities on offer from Royston Museum team
- Credit: Archant
A nationwide programme of arty activities includes a number of opportunities to get involved in Royston.
The Voluntary Arts Week programme kicks off Friday and runs through until Sunday, May 15.
The idea is to celebrate all forms of creativity and promote local arts and culture groups.
You can check out the full programme of local activities on the Creative Royston website at www.creativeroyston.org.
At Royston & District Museum and Art Gallery in Lower Kings Street you can see a free demonstration by the Priory Quilters and examine their beautiful work next Wednesday, May 11, from 1pm to 3pm.
If you’ve ever been interested in knitting but don’t know where to start, there’s an adult Knit and Natter group for beginners and more experienced wool wranglers on Thursday, May 12, from 10.30am to 12 noon.
You may also want to watch:
And for the youngsters, there’s a free Knit and Giggle session on from 2pm until 3.30pm on Saturday, May 14.
Find out more about the museum by calling 01763 242587 or visiting www.roystonmuseum.org.uk.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?