Arty activities on offer from Royston Museum team
- Credit: Archant
A nationwide programme of arty activities includes a number of opportunities to get involved in Royston.
The Voluntary Arts Week programme kicks off Friday and runs through until Sunday, May 15.
The idea is to celebrate all forms of creativity and promote local arts and culture groups.
You can check out the full programme of local activities on the Creative Royston website at www.creativeroyston.org.
At Royston & District Museum and Art Gallery in Lower Kings Street you can see a free demonstration by the Priory Quilters and examine their beautiful work next Wednesday, May 11, from 1pm to 3pm.
If you’ve ever been interested in knitting but don’t know where to start, there’s an adult Knit and Natter group for beginners and more experienced wool wranglers on Thursday, May 12, from 10.30am to 12 noon.
You may also want to watch:
And for the youngsters, there’s a free Knit and Giggle session on from 2pm until 3.30pm on Saturday, May 14.
Find out more about the museum by calling 01763 242587 or visiting www.roystonmuseum.org.uk.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire