Arts Festival appeal
THE Royston Arts Festival is appealing for more groups to come forward to take part in this year’s event.
Committee chairman Graham Palmer, speaking at last Wednesday’s Festival AGM, is looking to build on last year’s success by attracting new groups to get in touch.
“We are planning events for this year, but are more than willing for new groups to take part,” he said.
“We want local people and organisations to come up with ideas to ensure that the arts festival remains owned by the town.”
This year’s festival, which carries the theme ‘Crossing the Line,’ will run between September 29 and October 2, and those interested are running out of time to submit their interest.
You may also want to watch:
“We have to plan a long way in advance, so any group or individual wanting to put on event should submit their idea before March 1,” said Mr Palmer.
They are also looking for people to join their management committee. All interested parties should visit roystonartsfestival.org.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Where to get a walk-in Covid-19 vaccine in Cambridgeshire this weekend