Arts Festival appeal
THE Royston Arts Festival is appealing for more groups to come forward to take part in this year’s event.
Committee chairman Graham Palmer, speaking at last Wednesday’s Festival AGM, is looking to build on last year’s success by attracting new groups to get in touch.
“We are planning events for this year, but are more than willing for new groups to take part,” he said.
“We want local people and organisations to come up with ideas to ensure that the arts festival remains owned by the town.”
This year’s festival, which carries the theme ‘Crossing the Line,’ will run between September 29 and October 2, and those interested are running out of time to submit their interest.
You may also want to watch:
“We have to plan a long way in advance, so any group or individual wanting to put on event should submit their idea before March 1,” said Mr Palmer.
They are also looking for people to join their management committee. All interested parties should visit roystonartsfestival.org.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 Isthmian League reveal why they want to terminate non-league football 'at the earliest opportunity'
- 10 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double