Arts Festival appeal
THE Royston Arts Festival is appealing for more groups to come forward to take part in this year’s event.
Committee chairman Graham Palmer, speaking at last Wednesday’s Festival AGM, is looking to build on last year’s success by attracting new groups to get in touch.
“We are planning events for this year, but are more than willing for new groups to take part,” he said.
“We want local people and organisations to come up with ideas to ensure that the arts festival remains owned by the town.”
This year’s festival, which carries the theme ‘Crossing the Line,’ will run between September 29 and October 2, and those interested are running out of time to submit their interest.
You may also want to watch:
“We have to plan a long way in advance, so any group or individual wanting to put on event should submit their idea before March 1,” said Mr Palmer.
They are also looking for people to join their management committee. All interested parties should visit roystonartsfestival.org.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown