Artists' work on show
CAMBRIDGE Open Studios 2008 is in full swing, and artists from around Royston will be opening their doors to the public this weekend. Gina Ferrari, of 49, Hay Street, Steeple Morden, will be exhibiting her textile work over the next two weekends. The natu
CAMBRIDGE Open Studios 2008 is in full swing, and artists from around Royston will be opening their doors to the public this weekend.
Gina Ferrari, of 49, Hay Street, Steeple Morden, will be exhibiting her textile work over the next two weekends.
The natural world provides inspiration for much of Gina's art, while she also draws on her love of colour. Visitors will be able to see her at work during the Open Studios.
"This is the third time I've been in the Open Studios, and so far I've really enjoyed the experience," she said.
Three artists will have their work on show in Barrington. Husband and wife, Geoff and Joyce Seddon, will both be showing their work at 61, High Street, Barrington. Geoff creates gold and silver jewellery, featuring hand-cut stones, while Royal Academy exhibitor Joyce specialises in still life oil paintings.
Potter Jane Hollidge, of 30, Foxton Road, Barrington, will be selling a range of small and large pots, together with abstract acrylic paintings and handmade cards.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
All the studios will be open over the next two weekends - July 12-13 and 19-20. For more details, visit www.cambridgeopenstudios.co.uk.