Artists reunite at gallery
ARTISTS Rae Cook and Leilani Jeervaratnam have reunited for a second stint at Curwens gallery in Royston. Leilani and Rae, who are both from Bassingbourn, exhibited together at the gallery in Royston High Street last year. Rae has tried several different
ARTISTS Rae Cook and Leilani Jeervaratnam have reunited for a second stint at Curwens gallery in Royston.
Leilani and Rae, who are both from Bassingbourn, exhibited together at the gallery in Royston High Street last year.
Rae has tried several different techniques for this year's show.
She said: "I've done some silk screen printing, and also used acrylic paints for a couple of the pieces. The natural world is an ongoing theme in my work, and I like painting water scenes featuring fish."
You may also want to watch:
The imaginative use of colour is a principle feature in Leilani's paintings.
She said: "I like to express peace and joy, and hope that the people who view my paintings experience these feelings.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
"Curwens is a really good opportunity to get your work on show. Because it's in the High Street people can just drop in if it catches their eye."
The exhibition runs until the beginning of September. Curwens gallery is open Monday-Friday, from 9.30am-5pm.