Artists join forces for Royston exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Four top artists from the area are set to showcase a vibrant exhibition of paintings and sculptures at a Royston gallery.
Rachel Fry, Emily Cook, Nursel Darroux and Vivienne Machell will host the Live Life in Colour exhibition for a two-month run which opens at Curwens Art Gallery on Wednesday.
Rachel Fry studied fine art and has taught technology and art in Cambridgeshire and London secondary schools.
Her pieces in the current exhibition are all created using acrylic materials.
Emily is a second year illustration student at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge. She has a keen interest in classic cars, and a few samples of her car art are included in the Curwens exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
Nursel Darroux was born in Istanbul and graduated from the Department of Fine Arts at Mimar Sinan University in 1998.
She is a ceramic artist, painter and jewellery maker and has been working as a jewellery and fashion designer since 1998.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 7 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
During the exhibition Nursel will be showcasing her sculpture work.
Vivienne Machell studied fashion and textiles in Nottingham, and exhibits her work through the Royston Art Society, Cambridge District Art Circle and the Cambridge Drawing Society.
In her first exhibition with Curwens Gallery,Vivienne will be offering up atmospheric portraits and colourful scenes from her travels at home and abroad.
The exhibition at Curwens Art Gallery in 17 High Street will be open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm from Wednesday, May 13, through to Friday, July 10.