Artist Cristina's journey to a better life
THE JOURNEY to a better life is the subject of the latest exhibition by Meldreth artist Cristina Howard. Cristina is holding her third annual exhibition, entitled 10 Steps Ahead, at her studio, in Meldreth. The artist, who originally hails from Argentina
THE JOURNEY to a better life is the subject of the latest exhibition by Meldreth artist Cristina Howard.
Cristina is holding her third annual exhibition, entitled 10 Steps Ahead, at her studio, in Meldreth.
The artist, who originally hails from Argentina, said her work was inspired by a book she had been reading recently.
She said: "The book is by Jorge Bucay and is called 20 Foot Header. It is about 20 steps which you can take to improve your life by becoming happier in yourself and more confident.
You may also want to watch:
"It evoked in me feelings of colour, life, happiness, and new beginnings, and led me to produce a lot of the paintings which are on display." Cristina has employed various techniques to create her paintings, including the use of her hands and feet.
She said: "I wanted to use my body because many of the paintings represent the emotions we encounter as we walk through the journey of life."
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
The exhibition will run throughout May, June, and July, at Cristina's studio, at 31 Whitecroft Road, Meldreth. It is open from Monday-Friday, 10am-3pm.