Artist Cristina's journey to a better life
THE JOURNEY to a better life is the subject of the latest exhibition by Meldreth artist Cristina Howard. Cristina is holding her third annual exhibition, entitled 10 Steps Ahead, at her studio, in Meldreth. The artist, who originally hails from Argentina
THE JOURNEY to a better life is the subject of the latest exhibition by Meldreth artist Cristina Howard.
Cristina is holding her third annual exhibition, entitled 10 Steps Ahead, at her studio, in Meldreth.
The artist, who originally hails from Argentina, said her work was inspired by a book she had been reading recently.
She said: "The book is by Jorge Bucay and is called 20 Foot Header. It is about 20 steps which you can take to improve your life by becoming happier in yourself and more confident.
You may also want to watch:
"It evoked in me feelings of colour, life, happiness, and new beginnings, and led me to produce a lot of the paintings which are on display." Cristina has employed various techniques to create her paintings, including the use of her hands and feet.
She said: "I wanted to use my body because many of the paintings represent the emotions we encounter as we walk through the journey of life."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
The exhibition will run throughout May, June, and July, at Cristina's studio, at 31 Whitecroft Road, Meldreth. It is open from Monday-Friday, 10am-3pm.