Art students are in the picture
ART students at Freman College, Buntingford, have been exhibiting their work at the school this week. About 100 A-Level and GCSE art students from the college have their course work and exam pieces on display at the exhibition in the college sixth form co
ART students at Freman College, Buntingford, have been exhibiting their work at the school this week.
About 100 A-Level and GCSE art students from the college have their course work and exam pieces on display at the exhibition in the college sixth form common room.
The man behind the exhibition is head of art Chris Moody.
He said: "At my previous school we had an exhibition of students' work every year, but there's never been one here before.
You may also want to watch:
"Freman College is well known for its excellent dance and drama departments, and I thought it would be good to show off the work produced by our many talented artists.
"As this is the first year we've done it there's been a lot of hard work involved, but hopefully it will be a great success and become a regular event."
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Work on display includes paintings, sculpture, and textiles.
Teachers and students held an opening ceremony, attended by their friends and families, on Monday.
Students Christina Branch, 17, and Emma Thackerary, 16, both have three paintings in the exhibition.
Christina said: "Two of my paintings are course work, and the other is from the exam itself. My mum invited the whole family to the opening ceremony so I was a bit nervous."
Emma said: "I'm nervous too but a bit excited, I've never exhibited any of my art before."
The exhibition is open for a final showing today (Thursday) from 3.30-6.30pm.