Art students are in the picture
ART students at Freman College, Buntingford, have been exhibiting their work at the school this week. About 100 A-Level and GCSE art students from the college have their course work and exam pieces on display at the exhibition in the college sixth form co
ART students at Freman College, Buntingford, have been exhibiting their work at the school this week.
About 100 A-Level and GCSE art students from the college have their course work and exam pieces on display at the exhibition in the college sixth form common room.
The man behind the exhibition is head of art Chris Moody.
He said: "At my previous school we had an exhibition of students' work every year, but there's never been one here before.
You may also want to watch:
"Freman College is well known for its excellent dance and drama departments, and I thought it would be good to show off the work produced by our many talented artists.
"As this is the first year we've done it there's been a lot of hard work involved, but hopefully it will be a great success and become a regular event."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
Work on display includes paintings, sculpture, and textiles.
Teachers and students held an opening ceremony, attended by their friends and families, on Monday.
Students Christina Branch, 17, and Emma Thackerary, 16, both have three paintings in the exhibition.
Christina said: "Two of my paintings are course work, and the other is from the exam itself. My mum invited the whole family to the opening ceremony so I was a bit nervous."
Emma said: "I'm nervous too but a bit excited, I've never exhibited any of my art before."
The exhibition is open for a final showing today (Thursday) from 3.30-6.30pm.