Art lovers head to Royston gallery for nature exhibition preview
- Credit: Archant
Art lovers have flocked to a Royston gallery to check out their latest exhibition – which was all about nature.
Selena Bragg’s pottery, Christine Norman’s watercolour pieces and Maggie Allen’s oil paintings are exhibited in the Curwens Art Gallery in High Street, and the sneak peak event was hailed a success.
Maggie, who lives in Royston and started painting in 2006, told the Crow: “The preview went very well, lots of people turned up and we all enjoyed meeting new people and having a chat over a glass of wine.”
Maggie met Selena through Cambridge wood turner Rowland Penfold, who also regularly exhibits his work at Curwens.
Curwens’ Amanda Thurston told the Crow: “The evening was well-attended with lots of interest in the original artwork and some sales!
You may also want to watch:
“Selena Bragg exhibited her beautiful and tactile pottery – produced into all shapes and sizes including coasters and jewellery.
“Christine Norman is a new artist to Curwens and produced paintings in watercolours, acrylic and mixed media.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
“Maggie Allen has developed a new direction with powerful and colourful abstract work in oils.
“There was something for everyone.”
The exhibition is open weekdays from 9am to 5pm until November 3.
There is a special opening on Saturday, September 23, from 10am to 2pm as part of Royston Arts Festival.
For more information, email email@example.com.