Art lovers head to Royston gallery for nature exhibition preview
- Credit: Archant
Art lovers have flocked to a Royston gallery to check out their latest exhibition – which was all about nature.
Selena Bragg’s pottery, Christine Norman’s watercolour pieces and Maggie Allen’s oil paintings are exhibited in the Curwens Art Gallery in High Street, and the sneak peak event was hailed a success.
Maggie, who lives in Royston and started painting in 2006, told the Crow: “The preview went very well, lots of people turned up and we all enjoyed meeting new people and having a chat over a glass of wine.”
Maggie met Selena through Cambridge wood turner Rowland Penfold, who also regularly exhibits his work at Curwens.
Curwens’ Amanda Thurston told the Crow: “The evening was well-attended with lots of interest in the original artwork and some sales!
You may also want to watch:
“Selena Bragg exhibited her beautiful and tactile pottery – produced into all shapes and sizes including coasters and jewellery.
“Christine Norman is a new artist to Curwens and produced paintings in watercolours, acrylic and mixed media.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
“Maggie Allen has developed a new direction with powerful and colourful abstract work in oils.
“There was something for everyone.”
The exhibition is open weekdays from 9am to 5pm until November 3.
There is a special opening on Saturday, September 23, from 10am to 2pm as part of Royston Arts Festival.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.