Art gallery helps out adults centre
A NEW art gallery in Buntingford is displaying work by adults with learning difficulties. The Cross Gallery was set up by the St Elizabeth s Centre in Much Hadham, a residential centre for adults with epilepsy or learning difficulties. The gallery displa
A NEW art gallery in Buntingford is displaying work by adults with learning difficulties.
The Cross Gallery was set up by the St Elizabeth's Centre in Much Hadham, a residential centre for adults with epilepsy or learning difficulties.
The gallery displays and sells work produced by residents in art classes, while also exhibiting pieces by other artists.
Emma Turness, curator of the Cross Gallery, said: "It's absolutely fantastic for our clients to see their work on display.
You may also want to watch:
"They can get involved with the selling of the art, too, so they get to see the whole process."
Miss Turness runs a jewellery-making class for clients of St Elizabeth's Centre at the gallery every week.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
"The gallery has been really popular with the people of Buntingford," said Miss Turness. "We've had a lot of artists enquiring about exhibiting their work with us, so the response so far has been positive."
- For more details visit www.stelizabeths.org.uk.