Arsonists throw petrol bomb at Royston home
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists threw a petrol bomb at a home in Royston last night, and police have now launched an appeal for witnesses to come forward.
The incident, which happened just before 11pm at an address in Icknield Walk, saw offenders throw the petrol bomb at the house’s front door, causing it to catch fire.
The fire service attended but the flames had already been extinguished by people inside. A downstairs window was also smashed during the incident, but no one was injured.
Det Con Kerry Burrows, from the North Herts Local Crime Unit, said: “We are doing everything we can to trace the person or persons responsible for this crime.
“Luckily, the victim’s family member was able to extinguish the flames before they took hold but had the property’s occupants been asleep, the outcome could have been very different.
You may also want to watch:
“We are currently pursuing several lines of enquiry and are keen to speak to anyone who saw suspicious activity in the area prior to or following the incident. Do you have home CCTV that records footage of Icknield Walk? If so, we would like to see that footage.
“If you have any information that could assist the investigation, please call Herts police on the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference number G4/17/935 or report information online at www.contacthertspolice.uk/Report/Crime.”
Alternatively, you call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 6 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 7 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory