Arsonists target football club’s building
ARSONISTS have targeted a portable cabin belonging to Royston Eagles Football Club. Woodland behind the Newmarket Road playing fields was set alight and the fire spread under the cabin, causing smoke damage and extensive damage to the doors. The cabin was
ARSONISTS have targeted a portable cabin belonging to Royston Eagles Football Club.
Woodland behind the Newmarket Road playing fields was set alight and the fire spread under the cabin, causing smoke damage and extensive damage to the doors.
The cabin was used as changing rooms and for storage of equipment.
A spokesman for the Eagles said: "There have been break-ins in the past, but this is the first time arsonists have attacked the cabin.
You may also want to watch:
"We do secure it with a padlock, and there's mesh over the glass windows, but it's in quite a remote area.
"We can't use it as it stands, so we are going to have a meeting to discuss a way forward before the season starts in September.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
"It would be nice to have a new cabin, but we would still get the same problems, so there is a possibility we might have to move."
Pc David Coombes said: "We believe that there are people who witnessed this incident or may have details of those responsible."
Anyone with information can call Pc Coombes on 01462 425266 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.