Arrington outreach postal service launched
NEW outreach postal services in a village will be valuable for the area s elderly residents, according to a councillor. As revealed in The Crow last month, Arrington post office has closed following a lengthy consultation period. It has been replaced b
NEW outreach postal services in a village will be "valuable" for the area's elderly residents, according to a councillor.
As revealed in The Crow last month, Arrington post office has closed following a lengthy consultation period.
It has been replaced by an outreach service, at the community rooms in Clifden Close, Arrington.
The new service was launched on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Simon Edwards, portfolio holder for housing at South Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "While it is disappointing to see the closure of any community amenity, we are pleased that the Post Office has recognised the need to retain access to its services in Arrington.
"The location is especially suitable for the elderly and less mobile."
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 6 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 8 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 MP welcomes Secretary of State to biomedical campus
The new service will run every Tuesday, from 11.30am-1.30pm, and will cater for a range of transactions including postage, bill and budget payments, free cash withdrawals, and financial and banking services.