Arrington outreach postal service launched
NEW outreach postal services in a village will be valuable for the area s elderly residents, according to a councillor. As revealed in The Crow last month, Arrington post office has closed following a lengthy consultation period. It has been replaced b
NEW outreach postal services in a village will be "valuable" for the area's elderly residents, according to a councillor.
As revealed in The Crow last month, Arrington post office has closed following a lengthy consultation period.
It has been replaced by an outreach service, at the community rooms in Clifden Close, Arrington.
The new service was launched on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Simon Edwards, portfolio holder for housing at South Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "While it is disappointing to see the closure of any community amenity, we are pleased that the Post Office has recognised the need to retain access to its services in Arrington.
"The location is especially suitable for the elderly and less mobile."
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
The new service will run every Tuesday, from 11.30am-1.30pm, and will cater for a range of transactions including postage, bill and budget payments, free cash withdrawals, and financial and banking services.