Arrington outreach postal service launched
NEW outreach postal services in a village will be valuable for the area s elderly residents, according to a councillor. As revealed in The Crow last month, Arrington post office has closed following a lengthy consultation period. It has been replaced b
NEW outreach postal services in a village will be "valuable" for the area's elderly residents, according to a councillor.
As revealed in The Crow last month, Arrington post office has closed following a lengthy consultation period.
It has been replaced by an outreach service, at the community rooms in Clifden Close, Arrington.
The new service was launched on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Simon Edwards, portfolio holder for housing at South Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "While it is disappointing to see the closure of any community amenity, we are pleased that the Post Office has recognised the need to retain access to its services in Arrington.
"The location is especially suitable for the elderly and less mobile."
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
The new service will run every Tuesday, from 11.30am-1.30pm, and will cater for a range of transactions including postage, bill and budget payments, free cash withdrawals, and financial and banking services.