Arrington outreach postal service launched
NEW outreach postal services in a village will be valuable for the area s elderly residents, according to a councillor. As revealed in The Crow last month, Arrington post office has closed following a lengthy consultation period. It has been replaced b
NEW outreach postal services in a village will be "valuable" for the area's elderly residents, according to a councillor.
As revealed in The Crow last month, Arrington post office has closed following a lengthy consultation period.
It has been replaced by an outreach service, at the community rooms in Clifden Close, Arrington.
The new service was launched on Tuesday.
Cllr Simon Edwards, portfolio holder for housing at South Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "While it is disappointing to see the closure of any community amenity, we are pleased that the Post Office has recognised the need to retain access to its services in Arrington.
"The location is especially suitable for the elderly and less mobile."
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
The new service will run every Tuesday, from 11.30am-1.30pm, and will cater for a range of transactions including postage, bill and budget payments, free cash withdrawals, and financial and banking services.