Army of Miranda fans congregating in Royston to gallop a mile for Comic Relief
- Credit: Archant
An army of Miranda Hart fans will be congregating on Royston Heath to gallop a mile in aid of Comic Relief.
The group, who along with the nation has taken star of BBC’s Miranda and her unique ‘no-horse-required’ style of galloping to their heart, is aiming to raise as much money as possible for the charity on Saturday, March 7.
Organiser Vicky Green, of Echo Hill in Royston, said: “I wanted to do something for people who would love to take part in this event but may not be able to get to London for the main event at Hampstead Heath.
“I initially set up an event on Facebook imagining it would be me and about 10 friends galloping through Royston town centre – but I quickly realised that we needed a bigger venue as we got to more than 150 likes in one day.
“I also wanted to create an event for the whole family.
You may also want to watch:
“We would love as many people to come down on the day for support.
“We have space for 500 gallopers but entries are coming in fast so I would encourage people to sign up as soon as possible.”
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
Entry is £5 or £15 for a family, with the deadline on Saturday, February 28. It will not be possible to register on the day. T-shirts designed by Royston company Sports Kit can be purchased in advance of the gallop.
If you can help out on the day or require an entry form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.