Army of Miranda fans congregating in Royston to gallop a mile for Comic Relief
- Credit: Archant
An army of Miranda Hart fans will be congregating on Royston Heath to gallop a mile in aid of Comic Relief.
The group, who along with the nation has taken star of BBC’s Miranda and her unique ‘no-horse-required’ style of galloping to their heart, is aiming to raise as much money as possible for the charity on Saturday, March 7.
Organiser Vicky Green, of Echo Hill in Royston, said: “I wanted to do something for people who would love to take part in this event but may not be able to get to London for the main event at Hampstead Heath.
“I initially set up an event on Facebook imagining it would be me and about 10 friends galloping through Royston town centre – but I quickly realised that we needed a bigger venue as we got to more than 150 likes in one day.
“I also wanted to create an event for the whole family.
You may also want to watch:
“We would love as many people to come down on the day for support.
“We have space for 500 gallopers but entries are coming in fast so I would encourage people to sign up as soon as possible.”
- 1 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 3 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 6 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 7 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 8 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 9 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
Entry is £5 or £15 for a family, with the deadline on Saturday, February 28. It will not be possible to register on the day. T-shirts designed by Royston company Sports Kit can be purchased in advance of the gallop.
If you can help out on the day or require an entry form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.