Armed robbers in raid on pub
THREE armed men escaped with cash after a raid on a pub. Police said the robbery happened at the Three Tuns pub in High Street, Guilden Morden, on Sunday at 10.20pm. Three men wearing balaclavas and armed with planks of wood were said to have threatened t
THREE armed men escaped with cash after a raid on a pub.
Police said the robbery happened at the Three Tuns pub in High Street, Guilden Morden, on Sunday at 10.20pm.
Three men wearing balaclavas and armed with planks of wood were said to have threatened the landlady and then made her open a safe.
There were two customers in the pub at the time of the raid.
You may also want to watch:
The gang escaped in a blue Ford Mondeo.
Det Con Ian Butcher, of Cambridgeshire police, has issued an appeal for anyone who witnessed the robbery or was in the area at the time.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
He said any information "no matter how insignificant" could be important to the police investigation.
Police believe the robbery could be linked to an armed raid on a pub in Little Hallingbury.
Det Con Butcher is available on 0845 456 4564, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
# POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a car fire in Steeple Morden on Sunday night.
A blue Ford Sierra was found alight in Russell Close, at about 10.40pm.
One fire crew from Royston attended the scene and put out the fire.
It is thought the blaze was started deliberately.
The vehicle was stolen from Mill Lane, Bassingbourn, between 4pm and 10.30pm on Saturday.
Anyone with information should contact Cambridgeshire Police on 0845 4564564, or ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.