Armed robbers in raid on pub
THREE armed men escaped with cash after a raid on a pub. Police said the robbery happened at the Three Tuns pub in High Street, Guilden Morden, on Sunday at 10.20pm. Three men wearing balaclavas and armed with planks of wood were said to have threatened t
THREE armed men escaped with cash after a raid on a pub.
Police said the robbery happened at the Three Tuns pub in High Street, Guilden Morden, on Sunday at 10.20pm.
Three men wearing balaclavas and armed with planks of wood were said to have threatened the landlady and then made her open a safe.
There were two customers in the pub at the time of the raid.
The gang escaped in a blue Ford Mondeo.
Det Con Ian Butcher, of Cambridgeshire police, has issued an appeal for anyone who witnessed the robbery or was in the area at the time.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 5 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
He said any information "no matter how insignificant" could be important to the police investigation.
Police believe the robbery could be linked to an armed raid on a pub in Little Hallingbury.
Det Con Butcher is available on 0845 456 4564, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
# POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a car fire in Steeple Morden on Sunday night.
A blue Ford Sierra was found alight in Russell Close, at about 10.40pm.
One fire crew from Royston attended the scene and put out the fire.
It is thought the blaze was started deliberately.
The vehicle was stolen from Mill Lane, Bassingbourn, between 4pm and 10.30pm on Saturday.
Anyone with information should contact Cambridgeshire Police on 0845 4564564, or ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.