Armed robbers in raid on pub
THREE armed men escaped with cash after a raid on a pub. Police said the robbery happened at the Three Tuns pub in High Street, Guilden Morden, on Sunday at 10.20pm. Three men wearing balaclavas and armed with planks of wood were said to have threatened t
THREE armed men escaped with cash after a raid on a pub.
Police said the robbery happened at the Three Tuns pub in High Street, Guilden Morden, on Sunday at 10.20pm.
Three men wearing balaclavas and armed with planks of wood were said to have threatened the landlady and then made her open a safe.
There were two customers in the pub at the time of the raid.
You may also want to watch:
The gang escaped in a blue Ford Mondeo.
Det Con Ian Butcher, of Cambridgeshire police, has issued an appeal for anyone who witnessed the robbery or was in the area at the time.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
He said any information "no matter how insignificant" could be important to the police investigation.
Police believe the robbery could be linked to an armed raid on a pub in Little Hallingbury.
Det Con Butcher is available on 0845 456 4564, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
# POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a car fire in Steeple Morden on Sunday night.
A blue Ford Sierra was found alight in Russell Close, at about 10.40pm.
One fire crew from Royston attended the scene and put out the fire.
It is thought the blaze was started deliberately.
The vehicle was stolen from Mill Lane, Bassingbourn, between 4pm and 10.30pm on Saturday.
Anyone with information should contact Cambridgeshire Police on 0845 4564564, or ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.