Are you being served?
CRIES of I m Free echoed around Royston when staff at the Barnados Store dressed up for an Are you Being Served? day. The shop held the event to celebrate its 27th anniversary, raise money for Barnados, and promote commerce in the Angel Pavement area. S
CRIES of "I'm Free" echoed around Royston when staff at the Barnados Store dressed up for an Are you Being Served? day.
The shop held the event to celebrate its 27th anniversary, raise money for Barnados, and promote commerce in the Angel Pavement area.
Store manager Steve Charlesworth said: "It was a fantastic way to celebrate the store's birthday, and we raised almost £450.
"I spoke to several other store managers who noticed an increase in turnover on Saturday as a direct result of the event."
You may also want to watch:
As reported in The Crow last month, five stores in the precinct are currently without tenants.
Mr Charlesworth said: "There were some excellent costumes, and perhaps the best one was Heather Harvey from the Holland and Barrett store, who dressed up as a cat.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?