Apprenticeship opportunities released
- Credit: Archant
Six new one-year apprenticeships are on offer to young people.
SIX new one-year apprenticeships are on offer to young people.
North Herts District Council is inviting young people in the district to apply for the paid positions, which are available across a range of council departments.
Cllr Lynda Needham, Leader of the Council said: “It is becoming increasingly difficult for young people across the district to find quality full-time work which will set them up on a defined career path, The Council’s apprenticeship scheme is designed to help give these people a good foothold on the career ladder.
“Taking on apprentices is an important part of the Council’s desire to tackle issues such as rising unemployment, and at the same time enhances the skills and knowledge of the Council’s workforce.”
You may also want to watch:
For more details, or to register your interest, visit www.north-herts.gov.uk.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown