Apprenticeship opportunities released
- Credit: Archant
Six new one-year apprenticeships are on offer to young people.
SIX new one-year apprenticeships are on offer to young people.
North Herts District Council is inviting young people in the district to apply for the paid positions, which are available across a range of council departments.
Cllr Lynda Needham, Leader of the Council said: “It is becoming increasingly difficult for young people across the district to find quality full-time work which will set them up on a defined career path, The Council’s apprenticeship scheme is designed to help give these people a good foothold on the career ladder.
“Taking on apprentices is an important part of the Council’s desire to tackle issues such as rising unemployment, and at the same time enhances the skills and knowledge of the Council’s workforce.”
You may also want to watch:
For more details, or to register your interest, visit www.north-herts.gov.uk.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange