Apprenticeship opportunities released
- Credit: Archant
Six new one-year apprenticeships are on offer to young people.
SIX new one-year apprenticeships are on offer to young people.
North Herts District Council is inviting young people in the district to apply for the paid positions, which are available across a range of council departments.
Cllr Lynda Needham, Leader of the Council said: “It is becoming increasingly difficult for young people across the district to find quality full-time work which will set them up on a defined career path, The Council’s apprenticeship scheme is designed to help give these people a good foothold on the career ladder.
“Taking on apprentices is an important part of the Council’s desire to tackle issues such as rising unemployment, and at the same time enhances the skills and knowledge of the Council’s workforce.”
You may also want to watch:
For more details, or to register your interest, visit www.north-herts.gov.uk.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 9 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation