Apprenticeship opportunities released
- Credit: Archant
Six new one-year apprenticeships are on offer to young people.
SIX new one-year apprenticeships are on offer to young people.
North Herts District Council is inviting young people in the district to apply for the paid positions, which are available across a range of council departments.
Cllr Lynda Needham, Leader of the Council said: “It is becoming increasingly difficult for young people across the district to find quality full-time work which will set them up on a defined career path, The Council’s apprenticeship scheme is designed to help give these people a good foothold on the career ladder.
“Taking on apprentices is an important part of the Council’s desire to tackle issues such as rising unemployment, and at the same time enhances the skills and knowledge of the Council’s workforce.”
You may also want to watch:
For more details, or to register your interest, visit www.north-herts.gov.uk.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 Isthmian League reveal why they want to terminate non-league football 'at the earliest opportunity'
- 10 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double