Application submitted for around 200 homes in Melbourn
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An application has now been submitted for around 200 new homes to be built off New Road in Melbourn.
Endurance Estates Strategic Land submitted the planning application for up to 199 houses and a 75-bed care home to South Cambs District Council on Tuesday.
Endurance Estates planning director Ben Hooton said: “I would like to thank everyone who took part in our public consultation.
“We recognise that new housing development is a contentious issue in Melbourn but we are pleased with the constructive comments received that have helped us to improve the scheme.
“The council lacks a deliverable supply of housing land to meet the district’s current and future needs, and this scheme offers a real chance for younger local residents to take their first step on the housing ladder.”
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn Parish Council revealed in October that it was in ‘total opposition’ to the proposal after a consultation found 86 per cent of individuals, schools and businesses surveyed were against the plans.
- 1 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 5 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable