Application submitted for around 200 homes in Melbourn
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An application has now been submitted for around 200 new homes to be built off New Road in Melbourn.
Endurance Estates Strategic Land submitted the planning application for up to 199 houses and a 75-bed care home to South Cambs District Council on Tuesday.
Endurance Estates planning director Ben Hooton said: “I would like to thank everyone who took part in our public consultation.
“We recognise that new housing development is a contentious issue in Melbourn but we are pleased with the constructive comments received that have helped us to improve the scheme.
“The council lacks a deliverable supply of housing land to meet the district’s current and future needs, and this scheme offers a real chance for younger local residents to take their first step on the housing ladder.”
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn Parish Council revealed in October that it was in ‘total opposition’ to the proposal after a consultation found 86 per cent of individuals, schools and businesses surveyed were against the plans.
- 1 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 4 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 5 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 6 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 7 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 8 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 9 £100m from This Land could be 'Never Land'
- 10 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk