Application submitted for around 200 homes in Melbourn
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An application has now been submitted for around 200 new homes to be built off New Road in Melbourn.
Endurance Estates Strategic Land submitted the planning application for up to 199 houses and a 75-bed care home to South Cambs District Council on Tuesday.
Endurance Estates planning director Ben Hooton said: “I would like to thank everyone who took part in our public consultation.
“We recognise that new housing development is a contentious issue in Melbourn but we are pleased with the constructive comments received that have helped us to improve the scheme.
“The council lacks a deliverable supply of housing land to meet the district’s current and future needs, and this scheme offers a real chance for younger local residents to take their first step on the housing ladder.”
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn Parish Council revealed in October that it was in ‘total opposition’ to the proposal after a consultation found 86 per cent of individuals, schools and businesses surveyed were against the plans.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 6 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'