Appeal for witnesses after A505 accident
A DRIVER was in a serious but stable condition in hospital after a collision on the A505 yesterday (Monday). Police are appealing for witnesses following the accident, which took place near the junction of the A505 and the Litlington turning. A blue Ford
A DRIVER was in a serious but stable condition in hospital after a collision on the A505 yesterday (Monday).
Police are appealing for witnesses following the accident, which took place near the junction of the A505 and the Litlington turning.
A blue Ford Focus and a silver Audi A3 were in collision on the eastbound carriageway at around 1.20pm.
Firefighters from Royston and Baldock used cutting equipment to free the badly injured driver of the Ford Focus, who was also tended by an off-duty paramedic.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to the Lister Hospital with serious injuries. The driver of the Audi suffered slight injuries.
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the Herts and Beds Ambulance Service said: "One car went into a ditch and the other remained on the dual carriageway."
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Pc Robert Hauxwell, investigating, said: "I am appealing for anyone who believes they may have seen this serious road traffic collision but were unable to stop at the scene, to call the police as soon as possible."
"If you can help, please call me at police headquarters on 0845 33 00 222."
The A505 was initially closed between Baldock and the Little Chef roundabout, near Royston, while the vehicles were recovered. It was partially re-opened at 2.30pm, but remained closed between Litlington and Royston until after 6pm.