Appeal for witnesses after A505 accident
A DRIVER was in a serious but stable condition in hospital after a collision on the A505 yesterday (Monday). Police are appealing for witnesses following the accident, which took place near the junction of the A505 and the Litlington turning. A blue Ford
A DRIVER was in a serious but stable condition in hospital after a collision on the A505 yesterday (Monday).
Police are appealing for witnesses following the accident, which took place near the junction of the A505 and the Litlington turning.
A blue Ford Focus and a silver Audi A3 were in collision on the eastbound carriageway at around 1.20pm.
Firefighters from Royston and Baldock used cutting equipment to free the badly injured driver of the Ford Focus, who was also tended by an off-duty paramedic.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to the Lister Hospital with serious injuries. The driver of the Audi suffered slight injuries.
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the Herts and Beds Ambulance Service said: "One car went into a ditch and the other remained on the dual carriageway."
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
Pc Robert Hauxwell, investigating, said: "I am appealing for anyone who believes they may have seen this serious road traffic collision but were unable to stop at the scene, to call the police as soon as possible."
"If you can help, please call me at police headquarters on 0845 33 00 222."
The A505 was initially closed between Baldock and the Little Chef roundabout, near Royston, while the vehicles were recovered. It was partially re-opened at 2.30pm, but remained closed between Litlington and Royston until after 6pm.