Appeal for witnesses after A505 accident
A DRIVER was in a serious but stable condition in hospital after a collision on the A505 yesterday (Monday). Police are appealing for witnesses following the accident, which took place near the junction of the A505 and the Litlington turning. A blue Ford
A DRIVER was in a serious but stable condition in hospital after a collision on the A505 yesterday (Monday).
Police are appealing for witnesses following the accident, which took place near the junction of the A505 and the Litlington turning.
A blue Ford Focus and a silver Audi A3 were in collision on the eastbound carriageway at around 1.20pm.
Firefighters from Royston and Baldock used cutting equipment to free the badly injured driver of the Ford Focus, who was also tended by an off-duty paramedic.
He was taken to the Lister Hospital with serious injuries. The driver of the Audi suffered slight injuries.
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the Herts and Beds Ambulance Service said: "One car went into a ditch and the other remained on the dual carriageway."
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
Pc Robert Hauxwell, investigating, said: "I am appealing for anyone who believes they may have seen this serious road traffic collision but were unable to stop at the scene, to call the police as soon as possible."
"If you can help, please call me at police headquarters on 0845 33 00 222."
The A505 was initially closed between Baldock and the Little Chef roundabout, near Royston, while the vehicles were recovered. It was partially re-opened at 2.30pm, but remained closed between Litlington and Royston until after 6pm.