Apex Youth cruise into next round of cup
Inter Division Cup Apex Youth under-13 10 Baldock Town Knights under-13 0 From the off it was clear that Apex Youth were to prove the stronger of the two teams although Baldock Town showed great passing skills and sportsmanship on the pitch. From the mo
Inter Division Cup
Apex Youth under-13 10 Baldock Town Knights under-13 0
From the off it was clear that Apex Youth were to prove the stronger of the two teams although Baldock Town showed great passing skills and sportsmanship on the pitch.
From the moment the starting whistle blew, Apex Youth took control of the ball and kept it within the Baldock half of the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
It was only nine minutes in when Apex Youth took the lead, the first goal being made by Joe Reilly. Two minutes later a second goal was placed home by Kalvin Stocker.
After a further two minutes, Apex Youth and Baldock Town battled hard in front of the Baldock goal only for Reilly to swiftly take control of the ball and tap it home to gain his second goal of the game.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 5 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 8 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
It took a further 10 minutes of battling before Apex Youth were to gain their fourth goal of the match, this time by Caleb Gray taking an almighty long and high shot from close to the half way line.
Eleven minutes later, Caleb scored once more with another long high blast from the right of the Baldock goalmouth. No more goals were forthcoming for the remainder of the first half thus when the half-time whistle blew, the score remained 5-0 to Apex Youth.
One minute into the second half, the ball found its way to Stephen Franklin who, with his usual finesse, planted the ball firmly into the back of the net bringing the score to 6-0.
Jack Starkey then got in on the act with a fine strike. At this point we must congratulate Baldock Town for their great sportsmanship in applauding Jack for this goal.
A further two minutes of battling commenced when again, the ball was picked up by Caleb "The Whippet" Gray and with a super fast run forward, he planted the ball home once more, giving him a hat-trick for this game.
Despite the score being in Apex Youth's favour, Baldock Town showed no despair and continued to battle and were so close to gaining goals of their own.
Their efforts clearly deserved such but to no avail. A further goal was gained by Apex Youth following a great tussle in the Baldock Town area.
Following the tussle, the ball made its way to Jordan Taylor who firmly planted it home. The tenth and final goal for Apex Youth occurred when the ball was placed home by Stephen Franklin following a graceful pass across the Baldock goalmouth by Reece Banham.