Apex put Stevenage to the sword
Apex Youth 7 Stevenage Borough Red Kites 1 Under-13 Division Three TWO goals apiece from Joe Reilly, Reece Banham and Stephen Franklin plus a great strike from Lewis Fry gave Apex Youth a 7-1 win over Stevenage Borough Red Kites. From the start, it was ap
Apex Youth 7 Stevenage Borough Red Kites 1
Under-13 Division Three
TWO goals apiece from Joe Reilly, Reece Banham and Stephen Franklin plus a great strike from Lewis Fry gave Apex Youth a 7-1 win over Stevenage Borough Red Kites.
From the start, it was apparent that the Apex boys were in for a hard game with Stevenage showing good ball skills and some great passing.
Indeed Apex and Stevenage were very evenly matched with the ball being taken from one end of the pitch to the other frequently.
However, one-and-a-half minutes in, Apex Youth made a great push forward with the ball landing at the feet of Reilly who, with a huge kick, planted the ball firmly home.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
This lead was short lived with Stevenage breaking through the Apex defence and scoring seven minutes later.
Apex responded well and regained the lead when Banham broke through to score.
The remainder of the first half saw many strong attempts by both teams but the goalkeepers for both sides were having none of it with the score staying at 2-1 to Apex at half time.
The second half saw Apex battle even harder having made several attempts without success at the opposition goal.
Following the restart a brief battle ensued but the ball made its way to Reilly who once more planted it home.
Seven minutes later Apex added to their tally when Banham pounced to stab home his second goal of the game after the Stevenage goalkeeper had parried an effort.
Stevenage kept battling but Apex broke through once more with Stephen Franklin firing home Apex's fifth goal of the game.
The score stayed like this until Fry ran down the left wing and fired in a cross that curved inside the right hand post of the Stevenage goal for the goal of the match.
Franklin added a seventh for Apex six minutes later when he fired home.