Apex put Stevenage to the sword
Apex Youth 7 Stevenage Borough Red Kites 1 Under-13 Division Three TWO goals apiece from Joe Reilly, Reece Banham and Stephen Franklin plus a great strike from Lewis Fry gave Apex Youth a 7-1 win over Stevenage Borough Red Kites. From the start, it was ap
Apex Youth 7 Stevenage Borough Red Kites 1
Under-13 Division Three
TWO goals apiece from Joe Reilly, Reece Banham and Stephen Franklin plus a great strike from Lewis Fry gave Apex Youth a 7-1 win over Stevenage Borough Red Kites.
From the start, it was apparent that the Apex boys were in for a hard game with Stevenage showing good ball skills and some great passing.
You may also want to watch:
Indeed Apex and Stevenage were very evenly matched with the ball being taken from one end of the pitch to the other frequently.
However, one-and-a-half minutes in, Apex Youth made a great push forward with the ball landing at the feet of Reilly who, with a huge kick, planted the ball firmly home.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
This lead was short lived with Stevenage breaking through the Apex defence and scoring seven minutes later.
Apex responded well and regained the lead when Banham broke through to score.
The remainder of the first half saw many strong attempts by both teams but the goalkeepers for both sides were having none of it with the score staying at 2-1 to Apex at half time.
The second half saw Apex battle even harder having made several attempts without success at the opposition goal.
Following the restart a brief battle ensued but the ball made its way to Reilly who once more planted it home.
Seven minutes later Apex added to their tally when Banham pounced to stab home his second goal of the game after the Stevenage goalkeeper had parried an effort.
Stevenage kept battling but Apex broke through once more with Stephen Franklin firing home Apex's fifth goal of the game.
The score stayed like this until Fry ran down the left wing and fired in a cross that curved inside the right hand post of the Stevenage goal for the goal of the match.
Franklin added a seventh for Apex six minutes later when he fired home.