Apex hit great heights with opening day victory
Apex Youth 6 Baldock Town Knights 0 Under-13 Division Three A NEW season began for Apex Youth in the Royston Crow League and the team ran out comfortable winners in their new kit colours. Apex Youth also introduced three new players to the squad as in goa
Apex Youth 6 Baldock Town Knights 0
Under-13 Division Three
A NEW season began for Apex Youth in the Royston Crow League and the team ran out comfortable winners in their new kit colours.
Apex Youth also introduced three new players to the squad as in goal was Stefan Losi, in defence came Connor Bull while there was a welcome return to Joe Reilly in the forward position.
From the starting whistle, the Apex boys showed great determination and skill with some good passing work and just six minutes in Jordon Taylor made a break for the opposition goal and firmly planted the ball home.
Nine minutes later Apex were on the attack again and a long shot by Reece Banham took a ricochet off a Town defender and the ball bounced past the goalkeeper to make it 2-0 at the break.
- 1 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 6 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 10 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
One minute into the second half saw Taylor make a break towards the Town goal and plant a sweet shot in the back of the net, and this was added to just three minutes later by Lewis Fry.
Both teams continued to battle hard but on 54 minutes Fry ran at speed with the ball and hit a shot to increase his side's lead.
And just four minutes afterwards the scoreline was complete when Reece Banham hit a good pass across the Town goalmouth which was picked up by Stephen Franklin who sent it to the back of the net.
Whilst Apex played a blinding game they were quick to take their hats off to their opponents who never gave up.
The club's secretary award went to Lewis Townsend for his great efforts on the pitch and a big improvement in his skills.