Apex hit great heights with opening day victory
Apex Youth 6 Baldock Town Knights 0 Under-13 Division Three A NEW season began for Apex Youth in the Royston Crow League and the team ran out comfortable winners in their new kit colours. Apex Youth also introduced three new players to the squad as in goa
Apex Youth 6 Baldock Town Knights 0
Under-13 Division Three
A NEW season began for Apex Youth in the Royston Crow League and the team ran out comfortable winners in their new kit colours.
Apex Youth also introduced three new players to the squad as in goal was Stefan Losi, in defence came Connor Bull while there was a welcome return to Joe Reilly in the forward position.
You may also want to watch:
From the starting whistle, the Apex boys showed great determination and skill with some good passing work and just six minutes in Jordon Taylor made a break for the opposition goal and firmly planted the ball home.
Nine minutes later Apex were on the attack again and a long shot by Reece Banham took a ricochet off a Town defender and the ball bounced past the goalkeeper to make it 2-0 at the break.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 10 Where to get a walk-in Covid-19 vaccine in Cambridgeshire this weekend
One minute into the second half saw Taylor make a break towards the Town goal and plant a sweet shot in the back of the net, and this was added to just three minutes later by Lewis Fry.
Both teams continued to battle hard but on 54 minutes Fry ran at speed with the ball and hit a shot to increase his side's lead.
And just four minutes afterwards the scoreline was complete when Reece Banham hit a good pass across the Town goalmouth which was picked up by Stephen Franklin who sent it to the back of the net.
Whilst Apex played a blinding game they were quick to take their hats off to their opponents who never gave up.
The club's secretary award went to Lewis Townsend for his great efforts on the pitch and a big improvement in his skills.