Apex hit eight past the Dynamos
Apex Youth 8 Melbourn Dynamos 2 Under-13s Division Two A COLD morning saw the Apex boys take on Melbourn Dynamos, this time on home turf. Apex welcomed back defender Genit Abazi following his absence due to injury but despite having their player back Apex
Apex Youth 8 Melbourn Dynamos 2
Under-13s Division Two
A COLD morning saw the Apex boys take on Melbourn Dynamos, this time on home turf.
Apex welcomed back defender Genit Abazi following his absence due to injury but despite having their player back Apex were on the back front in the early stages as the Dynamos had two decent attacks only to be halted each time at the last minute.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the Dynamos' superb defence, Apex gained the lead nine minutes in following a corner and Joe Reilly tapped home.
Battling between the two teams continued for a further 17 minutes before Apex managed a second. Again Joe Reilly was the scorer.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
The visitors hit back after 30 minutes but Apex stood firm where other teams would have folded and they regained their two goal advantage in the dying seconds of the half when Stephen Franklin making a long run forward through Dynamos' defence before powering the ball home.
It took just 22 seconds after the break for Apex to make it four when Reece Banham, taking possession of the ball, hit a terrific strike into the back of the net from outside the area.
The Dynamos hit back with a second of their own, but this gave Apex a much needed wake-up call and four minutes later Jordan Penman scored his first of the season.
In the dying minutes Apex hit another three with Jamie Dennison, Caleb Gray and Lewis Fry adding their names to the scoresheet.