Apex hit eight past the Dynamos
Apex Youth 8 Melbourn Dynamos 2 Under-13s Division Two A COLD morning saw the Apex boys take on Melbourn Dynamos, this time on home turf. Apex welcomed back defender Genit Abazi following his absence due to injury but despite having their player back Apex
Apex Youth 8 Melbourn Dynamos 2
Under-13s Division Two
A COLD morning saw the Apex boys take on Melbourn Dynamos, this time on home turf.
Apex welcomed back defender Genit Abazi following his absence due to injury but despite having their player back Apex were on the back front in the early stages as the Dynamos had two decent attacks only to be halted each time at the last minute.
Despite the Dynamos' superb defence, Apex gained the lead nine minutes in following a corner and Joe Reilly tapped home.
Battling between the two teams continued for a further 17 minutes before Apex managed a second. Again Joe Reilly was the scorer.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
The visitors hit back after 30 minutes but Apex stood firm where other teams would have folded and they regained their two goal advantage in the dying seconds of the half when Stephen Franklin making a long run forward through Dynamos' defence before powering the ball home.
It took just 22 seconds after the break for Apex to make it four when Reece Banham, taking possession of the ball, hit a terrific strike into the back of the net from outside the area.
The Dynamos hit back with a second of their own, but this gave Apex a much needed wake-up call and four minutes later Jordan Penman scored his first of the season.
In the dying minutes Apex hit another three with Jamie Dennison, Caleb Gray and Lewis Fry adding their names to the scoresheet.