Apex hit eight past the Dynamos
Apex Youth 8 Melbourn Dynamos 2 Under-13s Division Two A COLD morning saw the Apex boys take on Melbourn Dynamos, this time on home turf. Apex welcomed back defender Genit Abazi following his absence due to injury but despite having their player back Apex
Apex Youth 8 Melbourn Dynamos 2
Under-13s Division Two
A COLD morning saw the Apex boys take on Melbourn Dynamos, this time on home turf.
Apex welcomed back defender Genit Abazi following his absence due to injury but despite having their player back Apex were on the back front in the early stages as the Dynamos had two decent attacks only to be halted each time at the last minute.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the Dynamos' superb defence, Apex gained the lead nine minutes in following a corner and Joe Reilly tapped home.
Battling between the two teams continued for a further 17 minutes before Apex managed a second. Again Joe Reilly was the scorer.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 7 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 8 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 9 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 10 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
The visitors hit back after 30 minutes but Apex stood firm where other teams would have folded and they regained their two goal advantage in the dying seconds of the half when Stephen Franklin making a long run forward through Dynamos' defence before powering the ball home.
It took just 22 seconds after the break for Apex to make it four when Reece Banham, taking possession of the ball, hit a terrific strike into the back of the net from outside the area.
The Dynamos hit back with a second of their own, but this gave Apex a much needed wake-up call and four minutes later Jordan Penman scored his first of the season.
In the dying minutes Apex hit another three with Jamie Dennison, Caleb Gray and Lewis Fry adding their names to the scoresheet.