Apex delighted with win over strong Mark Hall side
Apex Youth 2 Mark Hall Youth 1 Under-13s Division Three APEX Youth enjoyed their third win of the new season against old rivals Mark Hall Youth on Sunday. From the off, it was clear that Mark Hall Youth had improved immensely as within seconds they pushed
Apex Youth 2 Mark Hall Youth 1
Under-13s Division Three
APEX Youth enjoyed their third win of the new season against old rivals Mark Hall Youth on Sunday.
From the off, it was clear that Mark Hall Youth had improved immensely as within seconds they pushed forward towards the Apex goalmouth.
However, the Apex defence was having none of it and skilfully nullified the danger.
After 16 minutes of battling between the two teams, Apex made the breakthrough through Reece Banham sweetly struck finish.
- 1 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
- 7 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Sign up to Rainbow Run in aid of our hospitals
This lead was to be short-lived however as Mark Hall equalised two minute later.
Whilst their opponents battled hard it was clear that Apex were strong, having a large percentage of ball possession during the first half.
Despite many more attempts and near misses by both teams, they were unable to break the stalemate and gain the lead before the half-time whistle blew.
Only minutes into the second half the ball made its way to Stephen Franklin, who then blasted it firmly past the Mark Hall goalkeeper.
Apex continued to battle hard, playing better than ever before, but were unable to gain further goals.
It was clear that the much improved Mark Hall were a strong team but they were unable to find the equaliser.
The Apex defence was simply too strong and on the occasions when Mark Hall did break through, the Apex goalkeeper, Stefano Losi, was in good form.
The efforts of both teams made this a match to remember causing the adrenalin of the spectators to rise many times.