Apex delighted with win over strong Mark Hall side
Apex Youth 2 Mark Hall Youth 1 Under-13s Division Three APEX Youth enjoyed their third win of the new season against old rivals Mark Hall Youth on Sunday. From the off, it was clear that Mark Hall Youth had improved immensely as within seconds they pushed
Apex Youth 2 Mark Hall Youth 1
Under-13s Division Three
APEX Youth enjoyed their third win of the new season against old rivals Mark Hall Youth on Sunday.
From the off, it was clear that Mark Hall Youth had improved immensely as within seconds they pushed forward towards the Apex goalmouth.
You may also want to watch:
However, the Apex defence was having none of it and skilfully nullified the danger.
After 16 minutes of battling between the two teams, Apex made the breakthrough through Reece Banham sweetly struck finish.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
This lead was to be short-lived however as Mark Hall equalised two minute later.
Whilst their opponents battled hard it was clear that Apex were strong, having a large percentage of ball possession during the first half.
Despite many more attempts and near misses by both teams, they were unable to break the stalemate and gain the lead before the half-time whistle blew.
Only minutes into the second half the ball made its way to Stephen Franklin, who then blasted it firmly past the Mark Hall goalkeeper.
Apex continued to battle hard, playing better than ever before, but were unable to gain further goals.
It was clear that the much improved Mark Hall were a strong team but they were unable to find the equaliser.
The Apex defence was simply too strong and on the occasions when Mark Hall did break through, the Apex goalkeeper, Stefano Losi, was in good form.
The efforts of both teams made this a match to remember causing the adrenalin of the spectators to rise many times.