Apex delighted with win over strong Mark Hall side
Apex Youth 2 Mark Hall Youth 1 Under-13s Division Three APEX Youth enjoyed their third win of the new season against old rivals Mark Hall Youth on Sunday. From the off, it was clear that Mark Hall Youth had improved immensely as within seconds they pushed
Apex Youth 2 Mark Hall Youth 1
Under-13s Division Three
APEX Youth enjoyed their third win of the new season against old rivals Mark Hall Youth on Sunday.
From the off, it was clear that Mark Hall Youth had improved immensely as within seconds they pushed forward towards the Apex goalmouth.
You may also want to watch:
However, the Apex defence was having none of it and skilfully nullified the danger.
After 16 minutes of battling between the two teams, Apex made the breakthrough through Reece Banham sweetly struck finish.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
This lead was to be short-lived however as Mark Hall equalised two minute later.
Whilst their opponents battled hard it was clear that Apex were strong, having a large percentage of ball possession during the first half.
Despite many more attempts and near misses by both teams, they were unable to break the stalemate and gain the lead before the half-time whistle blew.
Only minutes into the second half the ball made its way to Stephen Franklin, who then blasted it firmly past the Mark Hall goalkeeper.
Apex continued to battle hard, playing better than ever before, but were unable to gain further goals.
It was clear that the much improved Mark Hall were a strong team but they were unable to find the equaliser.
The Apex defence was simply too strong and on the occasions when Mark Hall did break through, the Apex goalkeeper, Stefano Losi, was in good form.
The efforts of both teams made this a match to remember causing the adrenalin of the spectators to rise many times.