Apex at the top of their game
Apex Youth 10 Stevenage Colts 0 Under-13 Division Three THE fourth match of the season got off to a slow start for Apex Youth with them not playing to their full potential. From the off, the Apex boys took control of the ball and attempted to push forward
Apex Youth 10 Stevenage Colts 0
Under-13 Division Three
THE fourth match of the season got off to a slow start for Apex Youth with them not playing to their full potential.
From the off, the Apex boys took control of the ball and attempted to push forward towards the Stevenage goal. Whilst getting close on several occasions, Stevenage Colts defence and their goalkeeper kept a swift goal at bay.
You may also want to watch:
It took Apex Youth a massive 28 minutes of battling before they broke the deadlock when the ball was picked up by Stephen Franklin and finally placed home.
Five minutes later another goal was scored, this time by Caleb Gray.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Letchworth triumph over Royston in inaugural match
The second half of the match saw Apex Youth pick themselves up and play 100 per cent better than they did in the first half. Five minutes into the second half, Caleb Gray made a superb run forward and plant the ball into the net, followed by another goal one minute later by Joe Reilly. Two minutes after this, another goal was made, this time by Lewis Fry.
Another two minutes passed and yet another goal by Joe giving him a hat-trick.
By this time the Apex boys were on fire making many great pushes forward and, despite several attempts at the goal, could not hit the back of the net.
This was soon broken when, 27 minutes into the second half, Lewis Mitchell blasted the ball home. Two minutes later, the ball landed at the feet of Joe Reilly close to the goalmouth. However, instead of placing the ball into the net, Joe showed great camaraderie by passing the ball across the goalmouth to Jordan Taylor who placed the ball in the net.
A further two minutes passed and, following a great tussle in front of the Stevenage goal, the ball made its way to Joe's foot and once more he hit the back of the net giving him a total of four goals.
Whilst the score was high in Apex Youth's favour, Stevenage Colts at no time made it easy for them. Their defence was strong as was their goalkeeper's stance.
Stevenage Colts should be proud of their efforts. They have some skilled players in the team and should expect some positive results in their games to come.