Anti-bullying message at school
A ROYSTON school has literally put the writing on the wall for bullies. As part of national anti-bullying week, Tannery Drift School enlisted local artist Sam Caddick to paint an anti-bullying wall near the school s main entrance. A spokesman for Tannery
A ROYSTON school has literally put the writing on the wall for bullies.
As part of national anti-bullying week, Tannery Drift School enlisted local artist Sam Caddick to paint an anti-bullying wall near the school's main entrance.
A spokesman for Tannery Drift said: "Sam came in and painted the wall, and wrote 'the writing's on the wall' across the top.
"Then we got all the children to come out and sign it to show that they are against bullying."
On Friday the pupils were all asked to wear blue to school to show their support for the campaign, and were given wristbands with the anti-bullying slogan on them.
The spokesman added: "The teachers have been doing a lot around bullying in lessons too, and brochures have been sent out to all the children.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 3 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 4 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
"We've been emphasising to the children that just because someone might be different to them, it doesn't mean they should treat them any differently."
Meanwhile, anti-bullying week was also marked at Steeple Morden School where a special assembly was held for parents.
In it the school showcased a number of the dance, drama, and music activities undertaken as part of the week.