Anti-bullying message at school
A ROYSTON school has literally put the writing on the wall for bullies. As part of national anti-bullying week, Tannery Drift School enlisted local artist Sam Caddick to paint an anti-bullying wall near the school s main entrance. A spokesman for Tannery
A ROYSTON school has literally put the writing on the wall for bullies.
As part of national anti-bullying week, Tannery Drift School enlisted local artist Sam Caddick to paint an anti-bullying wall near the school's main entrance.
A spokesman for Tannery Drift said: "Sam came in and painted the wall, and wrote 'the writing's on the wall' across the top.
"Then we got all the children to come out and sign it to show that they are against bullying."
You may also want to watch:
On Friday the pupils were all asked to wear blue to school to show their support for the campaign, and were given wristbands with the anti-bullying slogan on them.
The spokesman added: "The teachers have been doing a lot around bullying in lessons too, and brochures have been sent out to all the children.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
"We've been emphasising to the children that just because someone might be different to them, it doesn't mean they should treat them any differently."
Meanwhile, anti-bullying week was also marked at Steeple Morden School where a special assembly was held for parents.
In it the school showcased a number of the dance, drama, and music activities undertaken as part of the week.