Anti-bullying message at school
A ROYSTON school has literally put the writing on the wall for bullies. As part of national anti-bullying week, Tannery Drift School enlisted local artist Sam Caddick to paint an anti-bullying wall near the school s main entrance. A spokesman for Tannery
A ROYSTON school has literally put the writing on the wall for bullies.
As part of national anti-bullying week, Tannery Drift School enlisted local artist Sam Caddick to paint an anti-bullying wall near the school's main entrance.
A spokesman for Tannery Drift said: "Sam came in and painted the wall, and wrote 'the writing's on the wall' across the top.
"Then we got all the children to come out and sign it to show that they are against bullying."
On Friday the pupils were all asked to wear blue to school to show their support for the campaign, and were given wristbands with the anti-bullying slogan on them.
The spokesman added: "The teachers have been doing a lot around bullying in lessons too, and brochures have been sent out to all the children.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 2 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 3 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 4 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 5 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 6 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
"We've been emphasising to the children that just because someone might be different to them, it doesn't mean they should treat them any differently."
Meanwhile, anti-bullying week was also marked at Steeple Morden School where a special assembly was held for parents.
In it the school showcased a number of the dance, drama, and music activities undertaken as part of the week.