Anti-bullying message at school
A ROYSTON school has literally put the writing on the wall for bullies. As part of national anti-bullying week, Tannery Drift School enlisted local artist Sam Caddick to paint an anti-bullying wall near the school s main entrance. A spokesman for Tannery
A ROYSTON school has literally put the writing on the wall for bullies.
As part of national anti-bullying week, Tannery Drift School enlisted local artist Sam Caddick to paint an anti-bullying wall near the school's main entrance.
A spokesman for Tannery Drift said: "Sam came in and painted the wall, and wrote 'the writing's on the wall' across the top.
"Then we got all the children to come out and sign it to show that they are against bullying."
You may also want to watch:
On Friday the pupils were all asked to wear blue to school to show their support for the campaign, and were given wristbands with the anti-bullying slogan on them.
The spokesman added: "The teachers have been doing a lot around bullying in lessons too, and brochures have been sent out to all the children.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
"We've been emphasising to the children that just because someone might be different to them, it doesn't mean they should treat them any differently."
Meanwhile, anti-bullying week was also marked at Steeple Morden School where a special assembly was held for parents.
In it the school showcased a number of the dance, drama, and music activities undertaken as part of the week.