Anna gets on her bike for hospices
A CYCLING enthusiast will be taking part in a 180-mile ride between two capital cities to raise money for hospices. Anna Anderson, a former Meridian School student, will be cycling from Paris to London in aid of Help the Hospices from April 18-22. The cha
A CYCLING enthusiast will be taking part in a 180-mile ride between two capital cities to raise money for hospices.
Anna Anderson, a former Meridian School student, will be cycling from Paris to London in aid of Help the Hospices from April 18-22.
The challenge will take her past the Arc de Triomphe, out into the Paris countryside and to the port of Dieppe in northern France.
Anna, 22, said: "I decided to get involved because I thought it would be fun.
You may also want to watch:
"I used to do cross-country cycling."
Anna says that now she has started training, she realises it is going to be hard work, but says the charity is keeping her 'focused'.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
She hopes to raise £1,300 for Help the Hospices, which supports the bereaved, cancer sufferers, and friends and family of terminally ill people.
"I'm really looking forward to it," she said.
"I haven't been to Paris before, so it's going to be enjoyable. It will also give me a chance to brush up on my French.
"I hope this will be the first of many cycling challenges."
Anyone interested in sponsoring Anna should visit the website www.justgiving.com/annaparistolondon