Anna gets on her bike for hospices
A CYCLING enthusiast will be taking part in a 180-mile ride between two capital cities to raise money for hospices. Anna Anderson, a former Meridian School student, will be cycling from Paris to London in aid of Help the Hospices from April 18-22. The cha
A CYCLING enthusiast will be taking part in a 180-mile ride between two capital cities to raise money for hospices.
Anna Anderson, a former Meridian School student, will be cycling from Paris to London in aid of Help the Hospices from April 18-22.
The challenge will take her past the Arc de Triomphe, out into the Paris countryside and to the port of Dieppe in northern France.
Anna, 22, said: "I decided to get involved because I thought it would be fun.
You may also want to watch:
"I used to do cross-country cycling."
Anna says that now she has started training, she realises it is going to be hard work, but says the charity is keeping her 'focused'.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Chocks away! Phillips and Nunn bag Spitfire Salver at Heydon Grange Golf Club
She hopes to raise £1,300 for Help the Hospices, which supports the bereaved, cancer sufferers, and friends and family of terminally ill people.
"I'm really looking forward to it," she said.
"I haven't been to Paris before, so it's going to be enjoyable. It will also give me a chance to brush up on my French.
"I hope this will be the first of many cycling challenges."
Anyone interested in sponsoring Anna should visit the website www.justgiving.com/annaparistolondon