Anna gets on her bike for hospices
A CYCLING enthusiast will be taking part in a 180-mile ride between two capital cities to raise money for hospices. Anna Anderson, a former Meridian School student, will be cycling from Paris to London in aid of Help the Hospices from April 18-22. The cha
A CYCLING enthusiast will be taking part in a 180-mile ride between two capital cities to raise money for hospices.
Anna Anderson, a former Meridian School student, will be cycling from Paris to London in aid of Help the Hospices from April 18-22.
The challenge will take her past the Arc de Triomphe, out into the Paris countryside and to the port of Dieppe in northern France.
Anna, 22, said: "I decided to get involved because I thought it would be fun.
"I used to do cross-country cycling."
Anna says that now she has started training, she realises it is going to be hard work, but says the charity is keeping her 'focused'.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 3 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 6 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 7 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 10 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
She hopes to raise £1,300 for Help the Hospices, which supports the bereaved, cancer sufferers, and friends and family of terminally ill people.
"I'm really looking forward to it," she said.
"I haven't been to Paris before, so it's going to be enjoyable. It will also give me a chance to brush up on my French.
"I hope this will be the first of many cycling challenges."
Anyone interested in sponsoring Anna should visit the website www.justgiving.com/annaparistolondon