Ann Summers boss Jacqueline Gold chooses Crow country dance school for award
BUSINESS tycoon Jacqueline Gold has selected a dance school to receive an award in recognition of its novel corporate workshops.
Miss Gold, chief executive of Ann Summers and Knickerbox, chose DanceMatters and its principal, Naomi Wallen, to receive a #WOW award.
The awards celebrate inspirational women in business, and Miss Gold picked Miss Wallen as one of the winners after she was nominated by users of Twitter.
Miss Wallen runs the corporate workshops at the Bassingbourn and Littlington-based dance school. They are a way of bonding a team, and participants are encouraged to think through the skills they used to complete a group dance and then how they can apply those skills in the workplace.
“I’m delighted to have been given this award from Jacqueline Gold,” said Miss Wallen.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s great to receive approval for my work from the corporate world. My workshops are all about encouraging people to work together effectively and share the skills that the team has between them. Dancing is a great way to make a team collaborate and reflect on how they can reach their objectives.”
DanceMatters also offers classes for children and adults. For more information visit www.dance-matters.co.uk
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'