Animals put at risk by arsonists
ANIMALS were put at risk by arsonists last night, Monday, when a barn was set alight.
Three fire crews were called to the barn fire in Mill Lane, Shingay-cum-Wendy at 10.20pm.
Two crews from Royston, one crew from Gamlingay and one crew from Balsham battled the blaze.
Firefighters arrived and discovered a barn ablaze in close proximity to stables and animals - which were removed to safety.
The barn measuring about 10m by 10m and contained a tractor.
You may also want to watch:
Crews tackled the fire using two jets, two hose reels and three light portable pumps, pumping water from a nearby stream. They also cooled the nearby buildings to ensure that the fire did not spread.
Anyone with information should contact the police on 0345 456 4564, or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 3 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 4 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?