Animals put at risk by arsonists
ANIMALS were put at risk by arsonists last night, Monday, when a barn was set alight.
Three fire crews were called to the barn fire in Mill Lane, Shingay-cum-Wendy at 10.20pm.
Two crews from Royston, one crew from Gamlingay and one crew from Balsham battled the blaze.
Firefighters arrived and discovered a barn ablaze in close proximity to stables and animals - which were removed to safety.
The barn measuring about 10m by 10m and contained a tractor.
You may also want to watch:
Crews tackled the fire using two jets, two hose reels and three light portable pumps, pumping water from a nearby stream. They also cooled the nearby buildings to ensure that the fire did not spread.
Anyone with information should contact the police on 0345 456 4564, or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 5 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 8 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre