Animals put at risk by arsonists
ANIMALS were put at risk by arsonists last night, Monday, when a barn was set alight.
Three fire crews were called to the barn fire in Mill Lane, Shingay-cum-Wendy at 10.20pm.
Two crews from Royston, one crew from Gamlingay and one crew from Balsham battled the blaze.
Firefighters arrived and discovered a barn ablaze in close proximity to stables and animals - which were removed to safety.
The barn measuring about 10m by 10m and contained a tractor.
You may also want to watch:
Crews tackled the fire using two jets, two hose reels and three light portable pumps, pumping water from a nearby stream. They also cooled the nearby buildings to ensure that the fire did not spread.
Anyone with information should contact the police on 0345 456 4564, or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation