Animal charity appeals for help rehoming a record number of cats
AN ANIMAL charity is appealing for help to rehome some of it’s furry residents after receiving a record number of cats.
Wood Green is currently caring for 143 cats and kittens across at it’s three centres, one of which is in Heydon, and has 506 on a waiting list.
Manager of Cat Welfare Juliette Jones said: “We currently have the highest number of cats and kittens on our waiting list that we have ever seen.
“At the moment we are working on about an eight week waiting list. And although we are rehoming around 60 cats a week, the numbers waiting to come in is also increasing weekly.
“Sadly the most common reason for the cats waiting to come in, is owners moving into rented accommodation and their pets are not allowed.”
Wood Green is urging anyone thinking of getting a cat or kitten to consider rescuing an animal in desperate need of a home.
Cats available at Heydon include Mittens, a seven-month old kitten which came in from a multi-cat household and can go home alone or with her sister Blackie, and Honey, who arrived at Wood Green in July with her sister Mustard.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 4 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 8 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 9 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 10 In pictures: 'Amazing' Paloma Faith wows fans as Newmarket Nights season starts with a bang
“All of our cats and kittens have received a full health check, are up-to-date with their worming, flea treatments and vaccinations, are microchipped and are either neutered or will come with a neutering voucher. We also give new pet owners four weeks free insurance and offer on-going support and advice,” said Ms Jones.
For further information about rehoming a cat or kitten from Wood Green, call 0844 248 8181 or visit www.woodgreen.org.uk.