An honoary membership
A STALWART of the Royston and District Twinning Association has been awarded honorary membership. The award to Bob Cunnington came during the association s annual meeting. Bob played a key role in the association s French link with La Loupe 21 years ago.
A STALWART of the Royston and District Twinning Association has been awarded honorary membership.
The award to Bob Cunnington came during the association's annual meeting.
Bob played a key role in the association's French link with La Loupe 21 years ago.
He visited two towns in France which were seeking twinning with Royston and returned to recommend to Royston Town Council that the link should be with La Loupe.
And from then he has been on almost every town twinning visit to La Loupe in the past 20 years.
Association chairman David Gray said Bob had been a "great supporter" of twinning over the years.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
- 9 Parish councillor dies in ‘freak accident’
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
He added Bob had given "unselfish service" and would continue to be involved in twinning events.
The award was presented by Cllr F John Smith, who has been a supporter of twinning over many years.
- David Gray was re-elected chairman at the annual meeting.