‘An exceptional evening’ – Students raise £1,000 at prom fashion show in Bassingbourn
- Credit: Archant
Students have dressed up for a fashion show fundraiser at Bassingbourn Village College.
The prom-themed show raised £1,000 which will go towards the school’s upcoming prom, and their fundraising project in memory of former student Adam Tolfree, who died from meningitis earlier this year.
Teacher Jude Shortt said: “It was an exceptional evening with so many talented students taking part – and, of course, our girls looked absolutely beautiful in their gowns.
“It was fantastic to see the whole of Year 11 take a short break from exams and studying to focus on this event to raise funds for their prom in the summer.
“We are hugely indebted to the ladies from Cream Rose eveningwear in Fenstanton and Bliss Hairdressers in Bassingbourn for giving our girls such a wonderful experience.”
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the fashion show, the evening was supported by singers, dancers and musicians from all years plus former student Art Toper who returned as part of the jazzfunk band Tail Dragger led by BVC music teacher Neil Cowlan.
For more on the school see www.bassingbournvc.net
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services