‘An exceptional evening’ – Students raise £1,000 at prom fashion show in Bassingbourn
- Credit: Archant
Students have dressed up for a fashion show fundraiser at Bassingbourn Village College.
The prom-themed show raised £1,000 which will go towards the school’s upcoming prom, and their fundraising project in memory of former student Adam Tolfree, who died from meningitis earlier this year.
Teacher Jude Shortt said: “It was an exceptional evening with so many talented students taking part – and, of course, our girls looked absolutely beautiful in their gowns.
“It was fantastic to see the whole of Year 11 take a short break from exams and studying to focus on this event to raise funds for their prom in the summer.
“We are hugely indebted to the ladies from Cream Rose eveningwear in Fenstanton and Bliss Hairdressers in Bassingbourn for giving our girls such a wonderful experience.”
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the fashion show, the evening was supported by singers, dancers and musicians from all years plus former student Art Toper who returned as part of the jazzfunk band Tail Dragger led by BVC music teacher Neil Cowlan.
For more on the school see www.bassingbournvc.net
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 4 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 8 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 9 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 10 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award