An Event-ful time as young musicians get in tune
STUDENTS from Freman College in Buntingford rocked around the clock as the school staged its annual music extravaganza The Event. In two evenings, students performed more than 30 different rock and pop acts. Performances included Tom Marlow and Ben Brow
STUDENTS from Freman College in Buntingford rocked around the clock as the school staged its annual music extravaganza The Event.
In two evenings, students performed more than 30 different rock and pop acts.
Performances included Tom Marlow and Ben Brown's rendition of the classic I'm in the Mood for Love while Christina Branch, Lydia Leggett and Hannah Wood sang the more recent These Words by Natasha Bedingfield.
The show ended with an upper sixth swansong as Kimberley Devonshire, Natasha Brown, Rachel Richards, Louise Wilkinson and others brought the house to its feet with A Little Help From My Friends.
Also on show was the school's jazz band who played in an outside marquee, and serenaded guests with numbers such as Birdland and Tequila.
The Event has been taking place at the school for more than 20 years and the money raised will be spent on additional resources and facility improvements.
- 1 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 2 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 3 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 4 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 6 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 7 'Flood the internet' to save waterways in South Cambs
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
- 10 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
Headteacher Helen Loughran said: "There is a really strong community feel to The Event and everyone really pulls together. It is a huge organisational feat."
The mastermind behind the evening was Tom Tyson, the head of German.