An Event-ful time as young musicians get in tune
STUDENTS from Freman College in Buntingford rocked around the clock as the school staged its annual music extravaganza The Event. In two evenings, students performed more than 30 different rock and pop acts. Performances included Tom Marlow and Ben Brow
STUDENTS from Freman College in Buntingford rocked around the clock as the school staged its annual music extravaganza The Event.
In two evenings, students performed more than 30 different rock and pop acts.
Performances included Tom Marlow and Ben Brown's rendition of the classic I'm in the Mood for Love while Christina Branch, Lydia Leggett and Hannah Wood sang the more recent These Words by Natasha Bedingfield.
The show ended with an upper sixth swansong as Kimberley Devonshire, Natasha Brown, Rachel Richards, Louise Wilkinson and others brought the house to its feet with A Little Help From My Friends.
Also on show was the school's jazz band who played in an outside marquee, and serenaded guests with numbers such as Birdland and Tequila.
The Event has been taking place at the school for more than 20 years and the money raised will be spent on additional resources and facility improvements.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
Headteacher Helen Loughran said: "There is a really strong community feel to The Event and everyone really pulls together. It is a huge organisational feat."
The mastermind behind the evening was Tom Tyson, the head of German.