An Event-ful time as young musicians get in tune
STUDENTS from Freman College in Buntingford rocked around the clock as the school staged its annual music extravaganza The Event. In two evenings, students performed more than 30 different rock and pop acts. Performances included Tom Marlow and Ben Brow
STUDENTS from Freman College in Buntingford rocked around the clock as the school staged its annual music extravaganza The Event.
In two evenings, students performed more than 30 different rock and pop acts.
Performances included Tom Marlow and Ben Brown's rendition of the classic I'm in the Mood for Love while Christina Branch, Lydia Leggett and Hannah Wood sang the more recent These Words by Natasha Bedingfield.
The show ended with an upper sixth swansong as Kimberley Devonshire, Natasha Brown, Rachel Richards, Louise Wilkinson and others brought the house to its feet with A Little Help From My Friends.
You may also want to watch:
Also on show was the school's jazz band who played in an outside marquee, and serenaded guests with numbers such as Birdland and Tequila.
The Event has been taking place at the school for more than 20 years and the money raised will be spent on additional resources and facility improvements.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
Headteacher Helen Loughran said: "There is a really strong community feel to The Event and everyone really pulls together. It is a huge organisational feat."
The mastermind behind the evening was Tom Tyson, the head of German.