Alwyn's bean taking a bath!
A ROYSTON man has dived into a bath of baked beans for charity. But Alwyn Davies was certainly not baking after spending six-and-a-half hours in the bath, at The Cross, Royston, on Saturday dressed as rocker Ozzy Osbourne. He said: It was absolutely free
A ROYSTON man has dived into a bath of baked beans for charity.
But Alwyn Davies was certainly not baking after spending six-and-a-half hours in the bath, at The Cross, Royston, on Saturday dressed as rocker Ozzy Osbourne.
He said: "It was absolutely freezing, so I was pleased to manage that long.
"The weather conditions were deteriorating throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
"I've actually done this before a couple of times, when I lived in Lincolnshire and Devon, so I thought why not do it again?
Mr Davies, a former Royal Marine, was raising cash for Clic Sargent and Macmillan Nurses cancer charities, and the Our Heroes group, which supports current and ex-servicemen.
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 3 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 6 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 7 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 8 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 9 Star turns make Netflix movie Malcolm & Marie 'a real must-see'
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
"I've had several friends and family affected by cancer, so I wanted to do my bit," he said.
So far Mr Davies has raised more than £200. If you would like to sponsor him, forms are available at a number of places around Royston, including The Bull hotel and the Barracuda Pub.