Alwyn's bean taking a bath!
A ROYSTON man has dived into a bath of baked beans for charity. But Alwyn Davies was certainly not baking after spending six-and-a-half hours in the bath, at The Cross, Royston, on Saturday dressed as rocker Ozzy Osbourne. He said: It was absolutely free
A ROYSTON man has dived into a bath of baked beans for charity.
But Alwyn Davies was certainly not baking after spending six-and-a-half hours in the bath, at The Cross, Royston, on Saturday dressed as rocker Ozzy Osbourne.
He said: "It was absolutely freezing, so I was pleased to manage that long.
"The weather conditions were deteriorating throughout the day.
"I've actually done this before a couple of times, when I lived in Lincolnshire and Devon, so I thought why not do it again?
Mr Davies, a former Royal Marine, was raising cash for Clic Sargent and Macmillan Nurses cancer charities, and the Our Heroes group, which supports current and ex-servicemen.
- 1 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 3 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 4 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
- 9 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 10 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
"I've had several friends and family affected by cancer, so I wanted to do my bit," he said.
So far Mr Davies has raised more than £200. If you would like to sponsor him, forms are available at a number of places around Royston, including The Bull hotel and the Barracuda Pub.