Alwyn's bean taking a bath!
A ROYSTON man has dived into a bath of baked beans for charity. But Alwyn Davies was certainly not baking after spending six-and-a-half hours in the bath, at The Cross, Royston, on Saturday dressed as rocker Ozzy Osbourne. He said: It was absolutely free
A ROYSTON man has dived into a bath of baked beans for charity.
But Alwyn Davies was certainly not baking after spending six-and-a-half hours in the bath, at The Cross, Royston, on Saturday dressed as rocker Ozzy Osbourne.
He said: "It was absolutely freezing, so I was pleased to manage that long.
"The weather conditions were deteriorating throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
"I've actually done this before a couple of times, when I lived in Lincolnshire and Devon, so I thought why not do it again?
Mr Davies, a former Royal Marine, was raising cash for Clic Sargent and Macmillan Nurses cancer charities, and the Our Heroes group, which supports current and ex-servicemen.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
"I've had several friends and family affected by cancer, so I wanted to do my bit," he said.
So far Mr Davies has raised more than £200. If you would like to sponsor him, forms are available at a number of places around Royston, including The Bull hotel and the Barracuda Pub.