Alwyn's bean taking a bath!
A ROYSTON man has dived into a bath of baked beans for charity. But Alwyn Davies was certainly not baking after spending six-and-a-half hours in the bath, at The Cross, Royston, on Saturday dressed as rocker Ozzy Osbourne. He said: It was absolutely free
A ROYSTON man has dived into a bath of baked beans for charity.
But Alwyn Davies was certainly not baking after spending six-and-a-half hours in the bath, at The Cross, Royston, on Saturday dressed as rocker Ozzy Osbourne.
He said: "It was absolutely freezing, so I was pleased to manage that long.
"The weather conditions were deteriorating throughout the day.
"I've actually done this before a couple of times, when I lived in Lincolnshire and Devon, so I thought why not do it again?
Mr Davies, a former Royal Marine, was raising cash for Clic Sargent and Macmillan Nurses cancer charities, and the Our Heroes group, which supports current and ex-servicemen.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
"I've had several friends and family affected by cancer, so I wanted to do my bit," he said.
So far Mr Davies has raised more than £200. If you would like to sponsor him, forms are available at a number of places around Royston, including The Bull hotel and the Barracuda Pub.