Alwyn's bean taking a bath!
A ROYSTON man has dived into a bath of baked beans for charity. But Alwyn Davies was certainly not baking after spending six-and-a-half hours in the bath, at The Cross, Royston, on Saturday dressed as rocker Ozzy Osbourne. He said: It was absolutely free
A ROYSTON man has dived into a bath of baked beans for charity.
But Alwyn Davies was certainly not baking after spending six-and-a-half hours in the bath, at The Cross, Royston, on Saturday dressed as rocker Ozzy Osbourne.
He said: "It was absolutely freezing, so I was pleased to manage that long.
"The weather conditions were deteriorating throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
"I've actually done this before a couple of times, when I lived in Lincolnshire and Devon, so I thought why not do it again?
Mr Davies, a former Royal Marine, was raising cash for Clic Sargent and Macmillan Nurses cancer charities, and the Our Heroes group, which supports current and ex-servicemen.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
"I've had several friends and family affected by cancer, so I wanted to do my bit," he said.
So far Mr Davies has raised more than £200. If you would like to sponsor him, forms are available at a number of places around Royston, including The Bull hotel and the Barracuda Pub.