Teenagers from Hitchin and Stevenage arrested after boy ‘stabbed’ in Royston
- Credit: Archant
Four teenagers have been arrested following an alleged stabbing incident in Royston yesterday evening, which saw a 14-year-old boy taken to hospital.
Police were called about 7.20pm to reports that a boy had sustained an alleged stab wound in Priory park.
A police spokeswoman said: “The ambulance service attended and the victim was taken to hospital. Officers attended the scene and located and arrested four people.
“The victim’s injury required stitches and is not life-threatening.”
Two 14-year-old boys – one from Hitchin and one from Stevenage – and one 15-year-old boy from Stevenage have been arrested on suspicion of GBH and affray.
You may also want to watch:
Another 15-year-old boy from Stevenage was arrested on suspicion of GBH. All four remain in police custody at this time, the police spokeswoman confirmed.
Any witnesses – or anyone with information about what happened – should contact Herts police on 101, quoting ISR 659 of May 3.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Bloomsday group's post-lockdown gathering to celebrate Joyce novel