Teenagers from Hitchin and Stevenage arrested after boy ‘stabbed’ in Royston
- Credit: Archant
Four teenagers have been arrested following an alleged stabbing incident in Royston yesterday evening, which saw a 14-year-old boy taken to hospital.
Police were called about 7.20pm to reports that a boy had sustained an alleged stab wound in Priory park.
A police spokeswoman said: “The ambulance service attended and the victim was taken to hospital. Officers attended the scene and located and arrested four people.
“The victim’s injury required stitches and is not life-threatening.”
Two 14-year-old boys – one from Hitchin and one from Stevenage – and one 15-year-old boy from Stevenage have been arrested on suspicion of GBH and affray.
You may also want to watch:
Another 15-year-old boy from Stevenage was arrested on suspicion of GBH. All four remain in police custody at this time, the police spokeswoman confirmed.
Any witnesses – or anyone with information about what happened – should contact Herts police on 101, quoting ISR 659 of May 3.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims