All sorts of opportunities at your fingertips in the Royston area if you want to be a volunteer
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
An easy way to browse local volunteering opportunities is to look at the relaunched www.do-it.org website.
All the local opportunities that we register at the Volunteer Centre are also uploaded to this national volunteering website and can be viewed by simply entering your postcode.
There is the facility to filter them according to your skills and interests and then express your interest in particular opportunities.
But this is not an anonymous process, as any enquiries or applications you make will come back to us at the Volunteer Centre.
You may also want to watch:
We can then offer you support, refer your details to volunteer involving organisations or suggest alternative or additional local opportunities.
The redesigned site with its bright, welcoming home page acts as a gateway to local volunteering and also gives volunteers the opportunity to create a profile, log hours of volunteering and communicate with each other.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
In recognition of the vital part that the Volunteer Centre plays in the development of the Do-it website as well as promoting and supporting volunteering in our local area, we are proud to announce that the Do-it Trust has recognised us as a local Do-it partner.
So take a look, be inspired and remember that volunteering is a two-way process – making a difference to others offers you the chance to meet new people, build confidence, have fun and make friends as well has gaining new skills and enhancing your life and career plans.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk