All roads lead to Royston! Großalmerode trip success for town twinners
- Credit: Archant
There’s a new road sign in the small German town of Großalmerode – directing visitors to their twin town of Royston.
The new sign was presented to officials during an exchange visit by 30 members of Royston & District Twinning Association, including schoolchildren and the town band.
The road sign was presented to Bürgermeister – or mayor – Andreas Nickel at an official function which also included a performance by the combined town bands.
In her presentation speech, given in German, twinning association vice chair Ruth Brown recalled the sign to Großalmerode which has adorned the Royston Town Hall wall since 2014, adding that she was “delighted to be able to return the favour”.
The twinning has been in place since 1974, with groups having visited each year ever since.
You may also want to watch:
Next year, Großalmerode visitors from the town will be staying with hosts in Royston.
See www.roystontwontwinning.org for more.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing