All quiet on the Halloween front, police
POLICE reported a quiet night in Royston with Halloween causing few problems. Royston community police officer Julie-Ann Cundell said there were few incidents around the town. On the whole everyone enjoyed themselves. We were well prepared and our visi
POLICE reported a quiet night in Royston with Halloween causing few problems.
Royston community police officer Julie-Ann Cundell said there were few incidents around the town.
"On the whole everyone enjoyed themselves.
"We were well prepared and our visibility and poster campaigns obviously paid off," she added.
You may also want to watch:
Last week police warned shops not to allow the sale of eggs to youngsters under the age of 18 years.
In Herts as a whole, police reported that the evening was busier than usual, but high visibility presence provided on the streets meant that there were no significant incidents.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 9 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Missing teen found safe and well
Herts police community safety manager Roy Aldwin said: "Halloween is always a busy night for police, but this year we were faced with no major incidents and the evening was generally enjoyable and safe."
Police, however, did receive 483 emergency calls and 1,164 non-emergency calls. Some 570 calls related to anti-social behaviour.
In Cambridgeshire, police said there was "a huge increase" in 999 calls between 5.45pm-8.45pm.
Police said there was almost a call-a-minute, amounting to a total of 170 calls.
The majority of the calls related to Halloween with reports of egg-throwing incidents and large groups of youth hanging around neighbourhood.