All events bar relay abandoned at Royston May Fayre
All planned events at Royston’s may fayre have now been cancelled bar the Olympic Torch relay.
The Royston Runners organised relay which was due to open the event held in The Priory Memorial Gardens will continue.
Poor weather forced the town council to abandon Monday’s event due to health and safety concerns which was to be one of the highlights of the Royston 2012: A Year of Celebrations.
A spokesman for the 2012 committee said: “Although the Royston May Fayre has been cancelled it is planned to run the Royston Olympic Torch relay.
“The event will begin at the Heath Sports Club at 9.45am on Monday and end in the Priory Memorial Gardens at about 11.50am.”
You may also want to watch:
Initially the Crow was told the classic car show would not be affected but this has also been called off.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 5 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need