All events bar relay abandoned at Royston May Fayre
All planned events at Royston’s may fayre have now been cancelled bar the Olympic Torch relay.
The Royston Runners organised relay which was due to open the event held in The Priory Memorial Gardens will continue.
Poor weather forced the town council to abandon Monday’s event due to health and safety concerns which was to be one of the highlights of the Royston 2012: A Year of Celebrations.
A spokesman for the 2012 committee said: “Although the Royston May Fayre has been cancelled it is planned to run the Royston Olympic Torch relay.
“The event will begin at the Heath Sports Club at 9.45am on Monday and end in the Priory Memorial Gardens at about 11.50am.”
You may also want to watch:
Initially the Crow was told the classic car show would not be affected but this has also been called off.
- 1 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange