All events bar relay abandoned at Royston May Fayre
All planned events at Royston’s may fayre have now been cancelled bar the Olympic Torch relay.
The Royston Runners organised relay which was due to open the event held in The Priory Memorial Gardens will continue.
Poor weather forced the town council to abandon Monday’s event due to health and safety concerns which was to be one of the highlights of the Royston 2012: A Year of Celebrations.
A spokesman for the 2012 committee said: “Although the Royston May Fayre has been cancelled it is planned to run the Royston Olympic Torch relay.
“The event will begin at the Heath Sports Club at 9.45am on Monday and end in the Priory Memorial Gardens at about 11.50am.”
You may also want to watch:
Initially the Crow was told the classic car show would not be affected but this has also been called off.
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'