All events bar relay abandoned at Royston May Fayre
All planned events at Royston’s may fayre have now been cancelled bar the Olympic Torch relay.
The Royston Runners organised relay which was due to open the event held in The Priory Memorial Gardens will continue.
Poor weather forced the town council to abandon Monday’s event due to health and safety concerns which was to be one of the highlights of the Royston 2012: A Year of Celebrations.
A spokesman for the 2012 committee said: “Although the Royston May Fayre has been cancelled it is planned to run the Royston Olympic Torch relay.
“The event will begin at the Heath Sports Club at 9.45am on Monday and end in the Priory Memorial Gardens at about 11.50am.”
You may also want to watch:
Initially the Crow was told the classic car show would not be affected but this has also been called off.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton