All change for taxis
TAXI drivers in Buntingford could face radical changes to their working day. East Herts District Council s licensing committee has proposed to make changes for the first time in 10 years. The new licensing conditions include that: - Drivers have to comple
TAXI drivers in Buntingford could face radical changes to their working day.
East Herts District Council's licensing committee has proposed to make changes for the first time in 10 years.
The new licensing conditions include that:
- Drivers have to complete a driving test with the Driving Standards Agency
You may also want to watch:
- There is no upper or lower age limit for drivers, however, older drivers must have regular medicals
- The table of fares must be available for inspection by passengers and authorised persons
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- Vehicles must be no more than 10-years-old Derek Brand, owner of Abra-cab-Abra taxis in Church Street, Buntingford, said: "Drivers and vehicles should meet certain standards so the new conditions are a good thing."
Changes to license conditions for taxi drivers in East Herts will be examined by the council's scrutiny committee. If approved, they will come into effect in January.
New taxi fares will be in operation from November 1.