All aboard if you’d like to join the May Fayre team at one of Royston’s biggest days of the year
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Royston’s annual May Fayre, held in the Priory Memorial Gardens on May Day bank holiday Monday, is a well-loved community highlight.
Each year it attracts families from Royston and the surrounding area who enjoy rides, attractions, an exciting array of stalls, contributions from local community groups and special events in the main arena.
Its success is due to the hard work of Royston Town Council’s organising committee which would like to invite friendly reliable people with commitment and enthusiasm to volunteer to come and help them ensure the smooth running of this year’s event, which will be on May 4.
There’s no need to miss out on all the fun and spectacle – your help is needed for a couple of hours or so on a rota basis, so you will still have time to enjoy the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteer stewards are needed to help between noon and 4.30pm for a couple of hours, walking around the site, checking on stalls and visitors.
Volunteers to lend a hand with clearing away after the event between 4pm and 6pm are also a priority.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 3 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
An additional volunteer is needed to help between noon and 3pm with the competition classes in the dog show organised by the Royston Veterinary Centre as part of the event.
Finally, a special request goes out to a volunteer with a suitable vehicle like a pickup truck to transport tables, chairs and other items from the Market Hill Rooms and the Town Hall to Priory Gardens between 8.30am and 10am and then back again between 4.30pm and 5.30pm
So if you want to have fun and meet new friends, contact us and we will put you in touc
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk