Royston’s new M&S Foodhall ‘to open early in the new year’
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Royston’s new M&S Foodhall is set to open “early in the new year” it has now been announced, with Aldi likely to follow suit.
Planning permission was granted by North Herts District Council for the Royston Gateway Project stores, which will share one building, between York Way and the A505 at the end of September 2017.
Progress of the building work has been seen by motorists using the A505 between the McDonald’s and Tesco roundabouts throughout this year.
A spokeswoman for M&S has now told the Crow: “We’re looking forward to bringing a new Marks & Spencer Foodhall to Royston early in the new year and we will update the community as plans for the store progress.”
An Aldi spokesperson said they had nothing to add to their previous statement, released in the summer, which said: “Construction work at our new Royston store is progressing well. We hope to open the store early next year and will keep the community updated on developments.”
You may also want to watch:
The M&S and Aldi stores would share 170 parking bays, including 10 spaces for Blue Badge holders, and the medium-sized M&S Foodhall would also incorporate a customer café.
In July, work began on a new junction from the development to the A505 and a new link road to Orchard Road Industrial Estate.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 5 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre