Air cadets on the march for 73rd anniversary of Air Training Corps
- Credit: Archant
Air cadets from Bassingbourn took part in a march to celebrate the 73rd anniversary of the Air Training Corps.
The youngsters from the 2484 (Bassingbourn) squadron were one of several cadet groups to form the parade, which took place through Huntingdon town centre last weekend.
Led by the Wing Band and banner party, they marched to Market Hill where an official parade took place with the Deputy Mayor Councillor Tanya Forster, accompanied by Officer Commanding Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire, Wing Commander Tony Kelly inspected the cadets.
A service was then held at the All Saints Church conducted by Squadron Leader Roger Cresswell (RAF Retired), 73 (Huntingdon) Squadron Padre.
After the service, cadets reformed outside and marched back down the high street where Wing Commander Kelly took the salute.
You may also want to watch:
The cadets meet at Bassingbourn barracks every Monday and Wednesday evening, 7pm-9pm. For further details, contact the main squadron either via their website, www.2484aircadets.org, call 01763 249156 or 07813 897949 during cadet hours, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 4 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 5 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 6 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 7 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 8 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 9 £100m from This Land could be 'Never Land'
- 10 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk