Air cadets on the march for 73rd anniversary of Air Training Corps
- Credit: Archant
Air cadets from Bassingbourn took part in a march to celebrate the 73rd anniversary of the Air Training Corps.
The youngsters from the 2484 (Bassingbourn) squadron were one of several cadet groups to form the parade, which took place through Huntingdon town centre last weekend.
Led by the Wing Band and banner party, they marched to Market Hill where an official parade took place with the Deputy Mayor Councillor Tanya Forster, accompanied by Officer Commanding Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire, Wing Commander Tony Kelly inspected the cadets.
A service was then held at the All Saints Church conducted by Squadron Leader Roger Cresswell (RAF Retired), 73 (Huntingdon) Squadron Padre.
After the service, cadets reformed outside and marched back down the high street where Wing Commander Kelly took the salute.
You may also want to watch:
The cadets meet at Bassingbourn barracks every Monday and Wednesday evening, 7pm-9pm. For further details, contact the main squadron either via their website, www.2484aircadets.org, call 01763 249156 or 07813 897949 during cadet hours, or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 8 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks