Air cadets on the march for 73rd anniversary of Air Training Corps
- Credit: Archant
Air cadets from Bassingbourn took part in a march to celebrate the 73rd anniversary of the Air Training Corps.
The youngsters from the 2484 (Bassingbourn) squadron were one of several cadet groups to form the parade, which took place through Huntingdon town centre last weekend.
Led by the Wing Band and banner party, they marched to Market Hill where an official parade took place with the Deputy Mayor Councillor Tanya Forster, accompanied by Officer Commanding Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire, Wing Commander Tony Kelly inspected the cadets.
A service was then held at the All Saints Church conducted by Squadron Leader Roger Cresswell (RAF Retired), 73 (Huntingdon) Squadron Padre.
After the service, cadets reformed outside and marched back down the high street where Wing Commander Kelly took the salute.
You may also want to watch:
The cadets meet at Bassingbourn barracks every Monday and Wednesday evening, 7pm-9pm. For further details, contact the main squadron either via their website, www.2484aircadets.org, call 01763 249156 or 07813 897949 during cadet hours, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club